Will this be the one?

Torisen1

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Every year I say to myself I'll finally get the phone that I will want for 2 years and I always end up getting the next Nexus/Pixel the following year.

I have a feeling and hope that this year will be the phone I finally keep for 2 years without feeling the need for next years upgrade lol.

Don't get me wrong, I love my current Pixel XL but, the reports that this new one will have the "full screen" dual speakers (miss that from my 6P), AR core and probably an even better camera than the current XL and I get all goofy lol.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I am going to try (super key word here) and keep this phone till the Pixel 3 or whatever else. If I can keep a phone for a year that would be a milestone for me lol.

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
If it has dual speakers on the front I’ll hop on it quick. That would be nice to have back. I do wish, however, that it had dual cameras.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I have heard rumours about the phone keeping similar bezels as the original Pixel but will be packing some "innovative" features. I'm sure it will be super fast, just like the Pixel is. 😃 So will it be "the one" ? I would say yes. Android Oreo is awesome and with guaranteed security updates for 3 years, you can definitely keep the phone for a long time.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
We have seen the backs of the phones, Google is keeping the front view secretive until launch......what is up their sleeves

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I have heard rumours about the phone keeping similar bezels as the original Pixel but will be packing some "innovative" features. I'm sure it will be super fast, just like the Pixel is. 😃 So will it be "the one" ? I would say yes. Android Oreo is awesome and with guaranteed security updates for 3 years, you can definitely keep the phone for a long time.

Innovative? Would be nice but I hate big bezels and was hoping for more screen.

modifier

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
What could be on the front?

• Dual front cameras for 3D selfies.
  • Dual front iris scanners for dual-eye authentication.
  • Triple speakers with a tiny subwoofer.
  • E-paper notification bar.
  • Green laser emitter to blind thieves.
  • Gigantic bezels.

Just a guess. I could be wrong on any of those.

modifier

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
Wait, so the 2 XL is rumored to have dual front speakers and an always listening "music recognition" feature, but no headphone jack?

Makes perfect sense.

Hopefully the 'always listening' stuff can be properly disabled. That definitely won't fly in my environment.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Wait, so the 2 XL is rumored to have dual front speakers and an always listening "music recognition" feature, but no headphone jack?

Makes perfect sense.

Hopefully the 'always listening' stuff can be properly disabled. That definitely won't fly in my environment.

Maybe it intends to take over the world

modifier

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
Maybe it intends to take over the world
Between Google Lens and whatever this is called... Google Ear?...Google Bug?... it certainly looks that way! Rather, it certainly sounds that way!

I'm all for apps helping out where wanted but anything known to be 'always listening' will have to have an option to be disabled via MDM, otherwise no new Pixel 2 XL for me.

Sep 22, 2017
Visit site

Makes perfect sense.

Uh it's Google/Android, not an iPhone with iOS. What were you thinking? "Be different not the same." I said the exact same thing as you did though. They will allow us to disable or uninstall. I assume that feature was from HTC. Only company worth a damn in regard to audio quality until the LG V30.

Once a year that feature would come in handy for me. It's the Google version of Shazam from my understanding. The app will need to request microphone permissions.

modifier

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
Uh it's Google/Android, not an iPhone with iOS. What were you thinking? "Be different not the same." I said the exact same thing as you did though. They will allow us to disable or uninstall. I assume that feature was from HTC. Only company worth a damn in regard to audio quality until the LG V30.
lol... actually I was thinking that since my devices are managed via MDM and have to fit very stringent privacy rules for a work device, if this feature can't be disabled for some reason then it's no 2 XL for me. But, I suspect it can be disabled. I'm just venting because it's one more privacy setting I have to chase down.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon