https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...artphones/amp/

Redesigned Pixel Launcher - this has been “crazy redone” with the search bar moved below the dock and a “whole new design” for the Google home page. If true, this will be the biggest Launcher change in generations.

Not a fan! I don't want a search bar at the bottom of my screen. Can this be removed like a widget?

Please delete thread. Information was already posted in another thread. My apologies.
    09-26-2017 10:01 PM
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...artphones/amp/

Redesigned Pixel Launcher - this has been “crazy redone” with the search bar moved below the dock and a “whole new design” for the Google home page. If true, this will be the biggest Launcher change in generations.

Not a fan! I don't want a search bar at the bottom of my screen. Can this be removed like a widget?
    Replace the Launcher....problem solved
    09-26-2017 10:10 PM
    Thanks. Forbes has been click-bait lately, but this generally seems on point, in spite of their "none of this applies to the Pixel 2 XL" statement.

A cleaner synthesis is on XDA here.
    Aquila likes this.
    09-26-2017 10:15 PM
    People have said that moving the search to the bottom, like the address bar in the browser makes it easier to is on handed, as you don't need to stretch to reach the top. Could be very ergonomic.
    09-27-2017 12:24 AM
    People have said that moving the search to the bottom, like the address bar in the browser makes it easier to is on handed, as you don't need to stretch to reach the top. Could be very ergonomic.
    I do all my searches in chrome or just say, "Okay Google." Anyone use the Arrow Launcher by Microsoft? Rated extremely high in the app store.
    09-27-2017 12:34 AM
    I do all my searches in chrome or just say, "Okay Google." Anyone use the Arrow Launcher by Microsoft? Rated extremely high in the app store.
    Yeah and I use the "hack" to get the bar and controls and all that in chrome at the bottom. Makes me like Chrome a whole lot more than I used to.

https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-...droid-0176946/
    anon(10274434) and mclarryjr like this.
    09-27-2017 08:26 AM
    Massive Pixel 2 Leak Details 15 New Features

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...ease-date/amp/

Google has installed their own imaging chip and a new fingerprint reader. Google has traveled the globe to bring us the best components and hardware. Definitely buying this phone. Dame the colors!
    09-28-2017 07:04 PM
    Massive Pixel 2 Leak Details 15 New Features

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.for...ease-date/amp/
    Gotta love tech bloggers. DPAF somehow became dual cameras named "pixel cameras." LOL
    09-28-2017 07:19 PM
    Gotta love tech bloggers. DPAF somehow became dual cameras named "pixel cameras." LOL
    There might be unlimited storage on Google Drive until 2023 in another article I read. Just a rumor. I don't need unlimited storage. Google is breaking out their 105mm howitzer loaded on their gunship and it's aimed straight at Apple.
    09-28-2017 07:28 PM
    There might be unlimited storage on Google Drive until 2023 in another article I read. Just a rumor. I don't need unlimited storage. Google is breaking out their 105mm howitzer loaded on their gunship and it's aimed straight at Apple.
    If true, unlimited Drive would be outstanding. I have 30GB now. The cost benefit in buying a Pixel 2 might just be worth it for the perks alone.

Paper airplane versus an AC-130.
    09-28-2017 08:39 PM
    Have you seen this video on the Google Ultra Pixel phone to rival the iPhone X?

What company is known for Ulta Pixels in regard to their cameras. HTC, how ironic.
    09-28-2017 08:44 PM
    If true, unlimited Drive would be outstanding. I have 30GB now. The cost benefit in buying a Pixel 2 might just be worth it for the perks alone.

Paper airplane versus an AC-130.
    If it's similar to what they offered on the 2016 Pixels, it offers unlimited full resolution backup and storage of photos and videos captured directly on the device - those items don't count towards your storage.

And if it's only until 2023, it's a step down from the value of last year's models, which include lifetime storage and backup at full resolution.
    09-29-2017 08:56 AM
    If it's similar to what they offered on the 2016 Pixels, it offers unlimited full resolution backup and storage of photos and videos captured directly on the device - those items don't count towards your storage.

And if it's only until 2023, it's a step down from the value of last year's models, which include lifetime storage and backup at full resolution.
    Not really. The rumors are saying this year it is all of Google Drive space. Not just photos and videos, but files too.

For me that doesn't matter much , but for others it's a big deal if true.
    09-29-2017 02:24 PM