Google Leak Details Massive Pixel 2 Smartphones

Sep 22, 2017
Visit site
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...elease-date-specs-camera-new-smartphones/amp/

Redesigned Pixel Launcher - this has been “crazy redone” with the search bar moved below the dock and a “whole new design” for the Google home page. If true, this will be the biggest Launcher change in generations.

Not a fan! I don't want a search bar at the bottom of my screen. Can this be removed like a widget?

Please delete thread. Information was already posted in another thread. My apologies.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. Forbes has been click-bait lately, but this generally seems on point, in spite of their "none of this applies to the Pixel 2 XL" statement.

A cleaner synthesis is on XDA here.

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
People have said that moving the search to the bottom, like the address bar in the browser makes it easier to is on handed, as you don't need to stretch to reach the top. Could be very ergonomic.

Sep 22, 2017
Visit site
People have said that moving the search to the bottom, like the address bar in the browser makes it easier to is on handed, as you don't need to stretch to reach the top. Could be very ergonomic.
I do all my searches in chrome or just say, "Okay Google." Anyone use the Arrow Launcher by Microsoft? Rated extremely high in the app store.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Sep 22, 2017
Visit site
Gotta love tech bloggers. DPAF somehow became dual cameras named "pixel cameras." LOL
There might be unlimited storage on Google Drive until 2023 in another article I read. Just a rumor. I don't need unlimited storage. Google is breaking out their 105mm howitzer loaded on their gunship and it's aimed straight at Apple.

modifier

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
There might be unlimited storage on Google Drive until 2023 in another article I read. Just a rumor. I don't need unlimited storage. Google is breaking out their 105mm howitzer loaded on their gunship and it's aimed straight at Apple.
If true, unlimited Drive would be outstanding. I have 30GB now. The cost benefit in buying a Pixel 2 might just be worth it for the perks alone.

Paper airplane versus an AC-130. :)

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
If true, unlimited Drive would be outstanding. I have 30GB now. The cost benefit in buying a Pixel 2 might just be worth it for the perks alone.

Paper airplane versus an AC-130. :)

If it's similar to what they offered on the 2016 Pixels, it offers unlimited full resolution backup and storage of photos and videos captured directly on the device - those items don't count towards your storage.

And if it's only until 2023, it's a step down from the value of last year's models, which include lifetime storage and backup at full resolution.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
If it's similar to what they offered on the 2016 Pixels, it offers unlimited full resolution backup and storage of photos and videos captured directly on the device - those items don't count towards your storage.

And if it's only until 2023, it's a step down from the value of last year's models, which include lifetime storage and backup at full resolution.

Not really. The rumors are saying this year it is all of Google Drive space. Not just photos and videos, but files too.

For me that doesn't matter much , but for others it's a big deal if true.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38