Google 3 Phones Rumor : Ultra Pixel, Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, it's been posted in 2 or 3 other threads. It's probably just the Pixel 2 XL with other branding (Dual Pixel camera, etc). I am not putting to much credence in this at all ..

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it's been posted in 2 or 3 other threads. It's probably just the Pixel 2 XL with other branding (Dual Pixel camera, etc). I am not putting to much credence in this at all ..

Part of the confusion is regarding the 'dual pixel camera,' in that many people are contemplating that this means such a device would have two cameras on the back. Most who disagree do so based on the assumption that this is simply referring to the 'usual' two cameras - one on front, one on back.

Clearly, I have to explain... Google is once again going to step up its camera game. While many others push for higher and higher megapixel sensors to give the impression pictures will be improved, Google is going the other direction - the new camera is a 'dual pixel' camera, with only TWO pixels! Imagine the low light performance when those pixels can be as large as is afforded by the lens!!

Hopefully this clears things up for everyone.

;-)

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Part of the confusion is regarding the 'dual pixel camera,' in that many people are contemplating that this means such a device would have two cameras on the back. Most who disagree do so based on the assumption that this is simply referring to the 'usual' two cameras - one on front, one on back.

Clearly, I have to explain... Google is once again going to step up its camera game. While many others push for higher and higher megapixel sensors to give the impression pictures will be improved, Google is going the other direction - the new camera is a 'dual pixel' camera, with only TWO pixels! Imagine the low light performance when those pixels can be as large as is afforded by the lens!!

Hopefully this clears things up for everyone.

;-)

I don't think they said dual pixel

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Like a rebirth for HTC, but with the name of Google. Google is definitely showing love to HTC using the Ultra Pixel name.
I don't see that being the case. I doubt Google built the Pixel brand with HTC in mind. It's most likely a coincidence. Plus the ultra pixel camera was **** anyways

modifier

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
Googlepixelxl2 said:
Like a rebirth for HTC, but with the name of Google. Google is definitely showing love to HTC using the Ultra Pixel name.
But, that doesn't mean the rendered concept is accurate or named correctly. I'm only saying that it's just someone's idea of the 2 XL.

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
This isn't a case I'd Galaxy Nexus. Your reaching thinking the Ultra Pixel has anything to do with HTC especially because the large Pixel is made by LG. It could be a nod to Motorola and the Droid Ultra. Lol

Sep 22, 2017
Visit site
And you're wrong. I know what I do for a living. I don't troll on a forum. It's obvious everything internal to a Pixel comes directly from HTC when you do a tear down of the original Pixel.

Sep 22, 2017
Visit site
What does LG manufacturering the phone have anything to do with a name? Google didn't just employ 2,000 employees from LG. They purchased the best and brightest engineers from HTC. I know for a fact Google goes through HTC because I've been to the corporate office in Taiwan as a military member. They'll explain to you exactly what type of relationship they have with Google. To think otherwise is absurd and simple mindedness.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
We'll know in a few days what is true about that leak and what is not. All we actually saw was some marketing ppt slides and some dude guessing about what it might mean. To think any of what was surmised is true without any other corroborating site or evidence is up to everyone, but it is not something I am putting much credence in or that I would worry about.

I don't see any need to pick nits about some name in a demo slide at this junction. Again, in 5 days or so we won't need to guess :)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane