How to get the Pixel 2 ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 30, 2017
Visit site
I need a new phone, like, last week, and I'm pretty set on the Pixel XL2 at this point. I use Verizon, so it'd be nice to get it through them, but will we be able to get it on the 4th? Will they have them in store or online? I am willing to go to the VZW store in the morning, or order online from VZW or Google, whatever will get it into my hands first. Does anyone know how this process is likely to work?

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
re:

Let us all pray to the Pixel Gods that this year's order/processing/shipping process does not resemble last year's at all.

And that's the part that's going to have me sweating the most. I can not afford to miss out on this pre-order. I don't know how much longer my Nexus 6 has. I need this to go smoothly lol.

anon(10274434)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
re:

And that's the part that's going to have me sweating the most. I can not afford to miss out on this pre-order. I don't know how much longer my Nexus 6 has. I need this to go smoothly lol.

I got the my 1st Pixel at the local Verizon store the day they were available - checked the day before to make sure they had them.

jsteg94

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
re:

I remember last year people released the Google Store URL's before the keynote finished. I managed to pre-order a blue one before they sold out. It'll be interesting to see what the ordering experience is like this year.

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
re:

I remember last year people released the Google Store URL's before the keynote finished. I managed to pre-order a blue one before they sold out. It'll be interesting to see what the ordering experience is like this year.
Let's be real. if they last a half hour and the site doesn't crash that's a victory

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
re:

If this is going the way I think it is, we can all pre order the phone Oct 4, and will probably get them in mid to late Nov. Google is the worst when it comes to launching products. As GTvert90 said, if they last 30 mins, and the site doesn't crash it's a victory. It's sad that Google, a billion dollar company still can't get this right.

modifier

Jul 13, 2017
Visit site
re:

Having been through both the BlackBerry KEYone and Essential PH-1 launches this year, Google should be a walk in the park in comparison. Even if it manages to be worse than either of those, I'm ready for it. Let's hope this one goes better. :D

Last edited:

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I've heard from several people who pre-order ordered Pixel right away that they got it Oct 19. People who ordered the next day got it in November.

That's not exactly accurate - at least, not for all models. Aside from the special 'blue' edition, the XL's were the harder to come by, and while I didn't order mine till Oct. 18 (2 weeks after Google first started taking preorders), I had it delivered within a week. Capture.JPG

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I hope not. I would bet on the 10/19 date, 11/15 though? I guess we'll see. Announcing a phone 6 weeks before release would not be great (iphone X aside)

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
If they don't release the 2 XL til Nov 15th that's crazy. Guess they really, really, really, want to release this like the iPhone 8 and iPhone X.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1