What phone are you switching from to the Pixel 2?

theobject

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Samsung S7. The phone was getting buggy and seemed to be lagging. Did a wipe about a month ago and it still was acting up. I'm typically turning a phone over every 18 months, looking for incentives to change. When I got the S7 Verizon was giving out the Gear S2 watch. This time I got pulled in by the $300 trade in and Home mini.

phonejunky

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I switched from the S7 to the iPhone 7. That S7 gave me so many headaches and the battery life was terrible. I know you’re absolutely loving the switch. I can’t relate for sure.

daemon#AC

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Red Nexus 5 (pretty much from launch) -> Black Pixel 2

Only swapping due to battery life pretty much sucking now. Well that and being 4? years old now, so not much on the update front anymore.

lynn02

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I have a Moto X 2nd Generation to a Pixel 2. I've done some research and somethings I really like about the hand gestures and screen notifications that the Moto has can possibly be done on the Pixel 2 by purchasing an app.

dekesask

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
iPhone 6s and LG G6. the G6 gave me nothing but issues and was repaired twice and then replaced. I got sick of all the hullabaloo and just got a pixel 2 while the G6 was on it's way. my lady is now using the G6 happily and I'm loving my new big bezeled baby.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
v10....couldn't wait to get out of it, but Leary of not having g 2nd battery available anymore...
V10 was a phone from an era where LG has truly horrible battery problems. The 808 was a thirsty beast and they had no idea how to keep it from gorging on power. My wife had a G4 and needed a second battery to get through heavy usage days (like on vacation)...

The 2 XL will be a whole different animal. The newer chips are so much more efficient, and paired with a OS that had made huge strides in power management.

And as for the other side of that removable battery coin... It's clear to me that Google made some choices geared to improve the life of the cell (and they even made it part of the ad campaign). You'll see a free complaints that it takes a little longer to fully charge. That's not a mistake, that's because design. They are stepping down the charge current a little sooner and a little quicker... This greatly reduces stress on the battery when it's most sensitive.

The 6P was a lot more aggressive in this regard(thanks to Huawei).. It charged faster and to a higher voltage and the cell wore out quickly. I tried to be careful with mine and it had still dropped 12-15% after about 15 months and I replaced it. It's been 9 months since then and, in the hands of my less obsessive wife, it's starting to wear quickly.

So both I think you'll be pleased with the phone.

yujinn

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Xperia Z5 Compact. Great little phone this is! Superb performance for a non-"flagship", phenomenal battery life, sturdy hardware, etc, etc. Zero issues definitely.
But I'm sick of the small screen now. Thought I'm not sure I'd like the switch to a phablet 2XL, especially how it'll sit in my jeans pocket.

bigrobi24

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I'll be switching from the Droid Turbo 2 as soon as I see a price I like for the Pixel 2. I got my Droid on Black Friday 2 years ago so I am hoping for another good deal. Since the Droid isn't getting me any trade-in value currently, I feel obligated to wait. I'm hoping to get something similar to the 50% off that Verizon currently has with a trade.

Prath09

Oct 26, 2017
Visit site
From Pixel XL to Pixel 2 XL. Can't wait. Hate that Canada doesn't get it till Nov 15 1 month of agony. Giving XL to gf who dropped her s7 3-4 times(Its as bad as you're picturing it:p).

Guto Aaron

Oct 23, 2017
Visit site
iPhone 6. I did go from iPhone 6 to Samsung s7 Edge a year or so ago but I dropped it so often (the curved edge made it so slippery) that the screen was in pieces and unresponsive within 2 months so had to go back to the iPhone 6. Can;t wait for my Pixel 2 XL now. Been waiting since ordering on October 4th - 3 days until UK release!

Leefrench

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
iPhone 8 plus to Pixel XL2.

I dropped my xl in a swimming pool a couple of months ago so got the iPhone as a trial and because it was available. Solid phone but it's not as good as my old pixel running Oreo by a long shot

slbailey1

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
I switched from the original Moto X to the Pixel 2. My Moto X was not holding a charge and it did not have Bluetooth 5.

I was looking at switching to the unlocked version of the Moto X4, but I am a Verizon customer. I have read about activation problems and some Verizon services /apps not working on the Moto X4.

I am so glad I got the Pixel 2! I like that it is pure Android and it is guaranteed to get all the Android upgrades thru Android R. I like the Active Edge. With 4gb ram, 128gb storage, Bluetooth 5, and the 835 processor this phone will last me 4 or more years!

mmcclure0453

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
iPhone 6. I did go from iPhone 6 to Samsung s7 Edge a year or so ago but I dropped it so often (the curved edge made it so slippery) that the screen was in pieces and unresponsive within 2 months so had to go back to the iPhone 6. Can;t wait for my Pixel 2 XL now. Been waiting since ordering on October 4th - 3 days until UK release!

I too switched from iPhone and had the S7E. That was the first Android phone I had that kept me off iOS for any kind of time. Then came the first Pixel. And now the Pixel 2. Things just keep getting better! This Pixel 2 runs circles around my iPhone 7. I still have the iPhone but it's been a while since it's had a SIM card in it. I'll get it out from time to time and mess with it but it doesn't last long. Especially after all the mess with iOS 11.

hasto092

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
Researched the hell out of the 2XL and I am flipping the Note8. Don't hate the Note, just want to experience a proper Android device without bloat and touchwiz etc for once. So far I'm loving it, but I reckon I will miss wireless charging.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC