What phone are you switching from to the Pixel 2?

DarkNeo

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Oh wow.... Ok, that makes me feel a little better having only had this Galaxy for three months. You must have just got that phone.
Yeah, I've had for less than a month. Don't get me wrong, I love this phone... Except the camera.

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Neither of you should feel bad, I got my Note8 last week, already dropping it. Can't stand the Samsung lag and need the polish of stock Android. Also, being a formal iPhoney I need those updates on time. Drives me crazy waiting 5-12 months for a minimal update or security patch.

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
From a Nexus 6 that looks and works the same as when I got it ~29 months ago. I passed on the 6P, *cyclopes* edition and the XL, *Jay Leno* edition. Just couldn't resist this year. :D

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Neither of you should feel bad, I got my Note8 last week, already dropping it. Can't stand the Samsung lag and need the polish of stock Android. Also, being a formal iPhoney I need those updates on time. Drives me crazy waiting 5-12 months for a minimal update or security patch.
I was actually surprised how quickly I got the last security update on my unlocked S8. I wonder if that will be the norm.

But no update for the Bluetooth vulnerability yet.

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Nexus 6 here. So yeah I'm long overdue lol. Finally it's time to retire the best phone I've ever had.

TheAlmightyDrew

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site

Holy cow. Your Note 8 is laggy already?

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Holy cow. Your Note 8 is laggy already?

It isn't laggy per se, but it has a bit of lag to it when performing actions. Click an app, wait about 20ms until it opens. Click the area to type in, wait 1-2 seconds until the keyboard comes up (SwitftKey may be the problem on this though). Calling someone is always an adventure as to when the phone actually decides to transition from the contact screen to the call screen. Camera lags like crazy, not sure why. Also the screen is so damn sensitive I am constantly having to undo actions. I just don't care much for it being curved and it also seems slow compared to my iPhone 7 Plus and Pixel XL.

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
N6 also, got it when it was $300 off eBay, soon it will be in the drawer with the N5 and N4...R.I.P. Nexi...

Scottie15

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
LG G4 here. Two phones had the bootloop issue. Had my second one fixed by LG and it's been good ever since. Just time to upgrade.

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Replacing my Nexus 6P. Didn't "have to" upgrade, but it's that time of the usual 2 year cycle, and my daughter dropped my old Nexus 6 she'd been using and cracked the screen, so the 6P (in a better case) will go to her.