Wear and Tear on the USB C Port when using a dongle?

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I miss the headphone jack but I will learn to adapt. Just hoping for some feedback.

Does anyone think a dongle will add extra weight to the USB C port and cause added fatigue over time?

Currently, I plug and unplug my phone daily, but the charging cord is light and flexible.

Dongles appear to have more weight, and, when used in conjunction with headphones and also charging would seem to put more stress on the phone.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...digital_audio_adapter?hl=en-US&token=z661FZF2

Has anyone heard of a dongle getting caught in a pocket or jacket, causing the USB port to snap off and become damaged?

Using a dongle is bad enough, but I would hate to damage the phone through long-term use.

Last edited:

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I kind of agree. I had some initial concerns on the 6P's usb C port longevity (my first phone with usb C) because if the design of the female end, but I think its a lot more robust than it looks. Havent had any issues so far with a USB c port or cable developing issues at the connector, the cable itself on that dongle is more likely to be damaged than the connector IMO.

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I kind of agree. I had some initial concerns on the 6P's usb C port longevity (my first phone with usb C) because if the design of the female end, but I think its a lot more robust than it looks. Havent had any issues so far with a USB c port or cable developing issues at the connector, the cable itself on that dongle is more likely to be damaged than the connector IMO.

I also have had the 6P since launch without any usb C port issues. I've taken my phone on multi day hikes and camping trips with the port plugged into various batteries and dropped, and it has continued to hold up well without any problems.

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Just get a set of good Bluetooth headphones. I don't get why people think wired headphones are better than Bluetooth, they aren't. If you don't already have a set of Bluetooth headphones I'd suggest the new Bose QC35 ii which have Android Assitant support built in. I have a older pair of Bose Bluetooth headphones I'm completely happy with them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20