Changed odrer from Verizon sim to unlocked - saved a month!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
So the unlocked version on Verizon should still have WiFi calling? And obviously Advanced calling so we can use the internet at the same time on the phone?

For the Pixel .. yes. For other unlocked phones .. no.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I notice many people ask well why are there 2 versions if both are technically unlocked.

One key thing is the Verizon SIM ones have their device ID registered as a Verizon device and falls under Verizon warranty and replacement. The fully unlocked one unless Verizon policy has changed is listed as a non Verizon device based on the device ID and cannot be replaced or exchanged via warranty in a Verizon store. You would need to contact Google.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I notice many people ask well why are there 2 versions if both are technically unlocked.

One key thing is the Verizon SIM ones have their device ID registered as a Verizon device and falls under Verizon warranty and replacement. The fully unlocked one unless Verizon policy has changed is listed as a non Verizon device based on the device ID and cannot be replaced or exchanged via warranty in a Verizon store. You would need to contact Google.

That's the main reason that in the past I always got my phones directly from Verizon. No muss, no fuss, with replacement under warranty. Went with the Google this time for the additional trade in value

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Wow, Google really sucks at this. It would seem after the CF that was ordering last year they would have had this figured out for this year but guess not.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

I would think Verizon Purchased through Google can also go through Google as an alternative

anon(49997)

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Verizon doesn't want their bloat ware so easily removed, the heavy traffic of tech support and attempted warranty claims from folks that unlock the bootloader and brick the phone.

Google caters to the Root and Unlock but has a simple solution to the above. You have to be able to revert it to factory state. If you lock it up its on you.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Verizon doesn't want their bloat ware so easily removed,

Huh? I mean I get that for other phones but for the Pixel you can remove any bloat the phone installs without root or messing with the bootloader. It is as simple as removing an app you downloaded from the play store :p.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox