Does Google offer financing options for the Pixel phones in the UK?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I think thought they did, but now I am not so sure.

Edit: I just tried to go through a purchase on the Play Store in the UK, and it wouldn't let me continue. Probably could see that I was outside Great Britain.

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
I think thought they did, but now I am not so sure.

Edit: I just tried to go through a purchase on the Play Store in the UK, and it wouldn't let me continue. Probably could see that I was outside Great Britain.

Do you mind showing or telling me how to attempt it and where to go?!

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Okay. When I checked earlier - using a bad bus WiFi connection and then being busy with other things - I got what seemed to be a Yes, in that after selecting the phone, colour option etc., and tapping Buy, the finance option appeared. However, it was in dollars, though I was checking the U.K. Store. On trying a second time now, I can’t get any finance option to appear, though it may do so if you sign in to your account and go right through to the checkout.
Until recently at least, financing has not been available to customers using the UK Google Store, and I’m thinking that that may still be the case. Financing is available if you buy a carrier phone.
I apologise if I’ve misled anyone.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I’ll just add that this was the screenshot that I shared with @Golfdriver97. I hadn’t selected colour and storage etc., so Buy was not lit up, but note the mix of pounds and dollars.
2612b2d252e1348c19c921c253339db4.jpg

yakuzah

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
It's not offered in the UK. Which is very annoying. Google want to compete with Apple, but they don't offer this feature and make buying a handset difficult for people who want to spread the costs of their handset over 2 years.

It's pathetic to be honest, and Google really need to grow up and start offering options on buying their hardware!

yakuzah

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
It's not offered in the UK. Which is very annoying. Google want to compete with Apple, but they don't offer this feature and make buying a handset difficult for people who want to spread the costs of their handset over 2 years.

It's pathetic to be honest, and Google really need to grow up and start offering options on buying their hardware!