10-17-2017 09:58 PM
44 12
tools
    Let's not talk about the swelling of the Iphone 8 battery ...
    You're charging it wrong.
    badcat likes this.
    10-12-2017 08:51 AM
    I stopped reading after the first paragraph.
    "Perhaps even more remarkably, the latest "Phone by Google" lacks support for SD Cards and removable batteries and lacks the extra RAM and processing power needed to run Android, as well lacking the legacy headphone jack that Google itself promoted as valuable and necessary just last year. It also features proprietary dongles that cost significantly more than Apple's, and doesn't even bundle in a pair of headphones. "

The reason being is that Apple is just as guilty of most of the points listed as Google is.

Apple has no SD card, no headphone jack, proprietary dongles, etc.

I personally think that both devices are just fine. One doesn't blow the other out of the water. Each has their own pros and cons to owning one or the other.
    mmcclure0453 likes this.
    10-12-2017 10:08 AM
    What "proprietary dongles" are you referring to? USB-C is not proprietary while Apple's connector (whatever they call it) is.
    10-12-2017 10:56 AM
    What "proprietary dongles" are you referring to? USB-C is not proprietary while Apple's connector (whatever they call it) is.
    That was another reason I stopped reading. The part about Google having proprietary dongles is from the article.
    10-12-2017 02:03 PM
    Ah. Yes. Totally BS article then. I read it but didn't pay too much attention I guess 'cause I missed that.
    10-12-2017 02:10 PM
    Wow! I got this confused with another article. This one is HORRIBLE and filled with outright lies.
    10-12-2017 02:23 PM
    Reminder - Political talk is allowed on the forums within its specific section. Outside of that area please refrain from talking about it.

Thanks .
    10-12-2017 03:02 PM
    Wow! I got this confused with another article. This one is HORRIBLE and filled with outright lies.
    See what I meant by I couldn't get past the first paragraph? Lol.

I think I remember seeing a security misconseption in there somewhere. I can see that being said. Android does have a bad rap for being weak in the security arena, even though it is a night and day difference between now and older versions. But this article can almost be read like a dogma of sorts.
    10-12-2017 04:21 PM
    Someone else posted that article yesterday and I tried reading it, but couldn't stomach the BS. To the OP, it may be a ok article, but looking at the source should clearly show the bias.

Anyone else remember when Apple said they would never make a bigger phone because people don't want bigger phones? Apparently, Android isn't the only one to change their minds, but they get slammed for it when they do.

As far as iPhones, I will never own one. Apple treats it's customers as morons and incapable of making decisions so they do everything for you. As others have said, there is no way to personalize the phone because they don't think you can improve on their design and don't trust you to make any decisions. And their mandatory iOS updates kill phones. Not sure I believe that it's intentional to make you buy a new phone, but it could be. My wife has had an iPhone for the past several years and has nothing but problems.

Plus, if u ask me, Apple needs to join team USA and not support terrorism. You can't convince me they don't have a back door that can be exploited after a terrorists action. They just put their image and hopeful profits, ahead of justice. (Not intended to start a political debate or take as a political statement)
    10-12-2017 06:06 PM
    That's a feature
    An unmentioned-until-it-was-discovered feature! :P
    10-15-2017 11:55 AM
    This is 2017, are we still having this type of discussion?
    Yes because these sought of articles are still being written.
    10-15-2017 03:43 PM
    Not sure if im watching more TV or just noticing it more, but DAMN there sure is a lot of crapple phone commercials!!!! lol
    10-15-2017 08:09 PM
    Plus, if u ask me, Apple needs to join team USA and not support terrorism. You can't convince me they don't have a back door that can be exploited after a terrorists action. They just put their image and hopeful profits, ahead of justice. (Not intended to start a political debate or take as a political statement)
    Apple securing their phones and not turning over encrypted backdoor to NSA is a GOOD thing for all of us. Our security and privacy are more important than perceived terrorism.

And yes, what you wrote was entirely political.
    shamdawg and Almeuit like this.
    10-16-2017 07:30 PM
    Who said NSA? Apple has a way into that phone, guaranteed, no doubt in my mind. And allowing them access to one or two (don't remember now) phones used by terrorists to shoot and kill civilians at a party would be the right thing to do. Period.
    10-16-2017 08:11 PM
    IMO Apple, Google, et al do exactly the right thing when they don't build in a back door to their own encryption. That said, can't figure out what that has to do with whether or not one is better than the other given that they both protect consumers the same way.
    shamdawg and anon(5630457) like this.
    10-16-2017 08:44 PM
    seems pretty bias for apple and overly critical of google phones. lol

Wireless charging isn't a big deal when you have fast charging for the pixel 2. 30fps at 4k isn't a big deal. I don't think any android phone with 4GB runs that at the moment
    10-16-2017 11:28 PM
    Who said NSA? Apple has a way into that phone, guaranteed, no doubt in my mind. And allowing them access to one or two (don't remember now) phones used by terrorists to shoot and kill civilians at a party would be the right thing to do. Period.
    If it's used on the terrorist's phones, it can be used on ALL phones. Apple explicitly stated that in 2015 when the police wanted to break into the San Bernardino shooters' phones and Apple refused. I sided with Apple on that one.
    10-17-2017 09:20 PM
    Apple explicitly stated that in 2015 when the police wanted to break into the San Bernardino shooters' phones and Apple refused. I sided with Apple on that one.
    And how long have you been a member of Al Qaeda?......j/k

Wasn't that his work phone that belonged to the county?
    10-17-2017 09:50 PM
    Reminder - Political stuff can go here -- https://forums.androidcentral.com/politics/

Otherwise let's stick to the topic at hand . Ty!
    Aquila and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-17-2017 09:58 PM
44 12