Go to a Verizon store? Post your thoughts here!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I figure many are going out to a Verizon store to play with the new phones.

Post your thoughts here in this thread :). This way we don't have tons of threads on the same thing!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: Demo units should be in VZW stores 10/12

If I happen to walk by a Verizon store you can bet I'm going to check it out lol.

openwheelracing

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site

I will this weekend when I have time. One of the reason I bought the original Pixel was due to how it felt in my hand. I was impressed with the quality and software efficiency. Otherwise I never knew how great the phone was. I thought it looked funny and never gave it a chance.

I hope Pixel 2 has similar feel of quality. HTC has reputation of good manufacturing.

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

I actually DON’T wanna see it or touch it at until I get mine in the mail. Is that odd?

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

I want to check out the sound, hopefully they'll be a sample, or I can download TuneIn Radio on to the store model and check it out. If anybody is able to check out the speakers let me know.

MikeC01

May 7, 2013
Visit site

Sounds like I might have to take a trip to a Verizon store tomorrow! I ordered a Pixel 2 and am seriously debating cancelling and ordering a Pixel 2 XL instead. I'm sure seeing both in person and playing with them a bit will help me make up my mind.

firebirder

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

I'll wait, mostly because I don't have a VZW store near me and when in pass them before /after work, they are still closed

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site

I think I'm gonna try and stop in today or tomorrow. Really wanna see how the panda looks in person compared to the black version.

TheAlmightyDrew

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site

Good. I’m so glad they are doing this before release. Now I can go in there and decide between this and the Note 8.

erojas388

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Just tested pixel 2 and 2 xl at verizon store (my thoughts)

So i played with both and can honestly say i like the phone. I currently use a htc u11 and I believe the pixel was taking crisper and nicer looking shots on both front and back cameras. The portrait mode would not allow me to use it on the front facing camera for some reason so cant comment on that.
The speakers sounded loud and crisp. The front facing definitely is an improvement to the bottom and earpiece speaker on my u11.
Now the screens. Im a little disappointed on the xl's screen. The viewing angles were not too good. It gave off a blueish tint when tilted on an angle. The screen itself was nice and crisp but the angles did not seem too good. They only had one xl and 2 regular pixels so maybe it was just that unit. The smaller pixel definitely impressed me. Although it has a smaller screen i think it looks better (size aside) then the larger xl.
One cool thing i noticed was that the app drawer adjusted color based on the wallpaper you used. So when i used a dark wallpaper, the app drawer was dark. This is great because I don't like the white app drawer.
Overall I like the device and will not be cancelling my pre-order lol. I think whichever size phone will not disappoint.

MikeC01

May 7, 2013
Visit site

I just left my local Verizon store and they did not have a floor model for the phone. They did say they have some in stock, but he didn't know when they would be displaying them.

I did play around a little with an LG v30. How does that compare to a pixel 2 XL in size?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech