Go to a Verizon store? Post your thoughts here!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Just tested pixel 2 and 2 xl at verizon store (my thoughts)

I might have missed it, but which one did you order?

erojas388

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site

Just to make it clear, by no means is the XL screen bad. It's just that when put side to side with the regular pixel, the blueish tint at an angle is very noticeable. Like I said they only had one XL unit so maybe it was just that unit.

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

We were all so focused in the orange power button for panda..... We missed the mint power button on Kind of Blue!
5c804a4e799dd0a219cf2e6915224b86.jpg

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

Both phones felt great and are a definite upgrade. I only compared the 2XLs screen to my small OG Pixel because that's all I really care about is that I think it's better than what I have. The colors are a little different but I believe it to be an improvement.

erojas388

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site

Both phones felt great and are a definite upgrade. I only compared the 2XLs screen to my small OG Pixel because that's all I really care about is that I think it's better than what I have. The colors are a little different but I believe it to be an improvement.

Did it allow you to use portrait mode on the selfie camera? By the way i did like the kinda blue color a lot.

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: Demo units should be in VZW stores 10/12

You're awesome sir!

What'd you think of the screen size with the new aspect ratio? Meaning the screen on the v20 definitely "seems" bigger compared to the galaxy s8 die to the tall and skinny screen and curved sides. Did you get that feeling with the xl? Also, general screen quality compared to the v20 and note 8 if you have any experience with that phone.

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I went to the store and compared the new Pixels to my OG Pixel XL. The new XL 2 feels a lot thinner and sleeker than the OG XL. I also took a photo of the red Verizon wall on the XL 2 as well as on the OG XL, and the colors were noticeably more accurate on the XL 2 and less oversaturated. I played a song by Pink! on the front facing speakers, and the sound was a lot better than the OG XL. They only had the black XL2 and the blue Pixel2 in the store to try. The XL was a lot nicer looking and feeling than the smaller one, but to me the biggest difference was the screens. They had the phones at the front desk, and not attached to anything yet, so I was able to compare them right next to each other. Both of them had the same background and the same brightness, but the XL was noticeably brighter and crisper and the whites were noticeably whiter than on the smaller Pixel. Also, when holding the 2 phones next to each other, the bezels look really ugly and big on the smaller Pixel. Definitely happy with my order of the XL2.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo