Thoughts on the Google Fabric Cases?

leetrevor81

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
On the product page on the google store "
Fabric may stain. Hand wash only. See g.co/pixel2casecare for more information."

The cases look amazing, but think of how many times we touch our phones with unhygienic hands. If I get a tpu case I can just rinse it under water, these cases might get gross pretty quick. Maybe the black one would be ok but that just means it is hiding the grossness :)

ljbad4life

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm contemplating getting a Fabric case. I'm tired of the same old plastic boring cases I've been putting on phones for years. I'm split between the fabric and leather case. The fabric back to the Nexus 5x case I have lasted a long time. 2 years in and not really worn or stained. If Google made the new fabric cases like the ones they sold for the Nexus 5x and 6p. The price point is really pushing it at the top end of case prices. I can't fathom why all these people scream and complain about a premium feeling phone then cover up their phone with a cheap feeling case.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I picked up the Carbon color case for my 2 XL and I think it looks great, feels great and seems well made. I'll have to see how it holds up over time. My only complaint about it is I wish they made it stick out a little more above the screen to protect the screen when laying the device face down. Like the Samsung Alcantara case for my Note 8 where it sticks out just at the top and bottom.
40dbb39232dddd0657042c429b99cd58.jpg
4b196224f375d5a9fbc176a9ea1cc1dc.jpg
31b33ee5cb659d2742842678a678a3e2.jpg

husslord

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I love the case, I never put my screen down, so there is more than enough of a gap for the camera and fingerprint sensor. Also compared to the Tech 21 and other cases I have tried, doesn't rip off the screen protector if you want to take the phone out and clean it, the buttons are easy to use and you can actually use the squeeze function. My only concern with the case is how it doesn't cover the bottom :( if it did it would be the perfect case imo

Last edited:

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I'm really enjoying my Google fabric case, easy to hold, lightweight, and it rises above the screen enough I feel it gives good protection, a bit on the pricey side I got it on sale for $34
Since it is Fabric in the corners on the screen it does collect a little bit of dust

Last edited:

jrodjrxbox

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
I got one for my xl2 I love how the outside and looks I just feel like it gets its just going to fall apart though I put silicone waterproofing on. let's see how it stand up.

myeatts7

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
This is the 3rd case ive had on my 2XL and it is by far the best fitting and comfortable one that I have had. Only issue is it does get dirty fast, I had it for 24 hours and got it dirty already. My fault for picking it up after working on my truck, but good thing is, it does clean up very easily. I used a little dish soap and water and it looks brand new again.

bkrickles

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Picked mine up yesterday from Best Buy in the carbon color as I figured it would easily get dirty in the lighter colors. I agree with others that it just fits perfectly and has a great feel.
I love that it keeps the slim feeling of the phone and is extremely light weight.
I'm pretty careful with my phones so I think it will hold up ok and will use baby wipes to clean when necessary. I've already pre-ordered the rhinoshield bumper and I'll probably alternate between these 2.
My wait for the bumper is probably until Christmas and I think I'll do just fine with this fabric case until then.
Highly recommend as long as you're ok with the price because it is too expensive.

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Also, anyone know is Verizon stores carry any of these cases? Two colors on their website but didn't know if stores carried them.

skraggy

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Do you know what colors they carry?

I wanted carbon so I didn't look to extensively. I don't believe I saw coral at either store but they both had most if not all of the other 3. But at least around here they seem to be carrying low quantities. A smaller store only had 2 total 2 XL cases visible.

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info. Will probably stop by the local verizon store and try to pick up the cement one for when my pixel 2 arrives on Monday.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney