Google Store Payment Method Declined?

AustinIllini

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone had an experience where your credit card method gets declined? I had a boatload of fraudulent charges on my credit card and now the number had to be changed.

Do you get prompted at some point to try a new payment method?

Amb312

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
I did but only because I ordered. Cancelled. Then tried to order again My card didn't get cancelled but I had to change payment methods

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
You should think about applying for Google financing. Offers better terms than a normal credit card. 24 months at 0% APR

Scottie15

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Well I pre-ordered it the day of the event (10/4) and they charged my card. Thought they wouldn't charge until it shipped...

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I am also wondering how this works. If your payment gets declined does google just cancel your order or do they contact you and have a method established for you to provide another method of payment?

For example, I ordered an iPhone and by the time it shipped my credit card was canceled due to being stolen. I received an email from Apple with a link to enter new payment info within 48 hours or I’d lose my place in line.

AustinIllini

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I am also wondering how this works. If your payment gets declined does google just cancel your order or do they contact you and have a method established for you to provide another method of payment?

For example, I ordered an iPhone and by the time it shipped my credit card was canceled due to being stolen. I received an email from Apple with a link to enter new payment info within 48 hours or I’d lose my place in line.

Called Google about this issue. They won't change the payment method, but they will offer me a chance to change it when the order is set to ship.

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I bought the Pixel 2 XL as a guest since I didn’t want to use the card associated with my Google Play account. Is there any way to check the expiration of the card I used? I have the order details, but it only tells me the last 4 of the card, which did not change.

I know I received a new card because my current one was expiring right around the 4th. Silly me, I can’t remember if I used the old one and then activated the new one after, or if I activated before I used it.

I just wanna make sure I don’t find out on the day it’s supposed to ship that the Card info was bad. Haha.

One more question, say I tried to order with the expired card, would it get kicked back like normal, or is it different because it is a preorder?

Thanks!