Has anyone had an experience where your credit card method gets declined? I had a boatload of fraudulent charges on my credit card and now the number had to be changed.

Do you get prompted at some point to try a new payment method?
    10-13-2017 06:17 PM
    I did but only because I ordered. Cancelled. Then tried to order again My card didn't get cancelled but I had to change payment methods
    10-13-2017 06:56 PM
    You should think about applying for Google financing. Offers better terms than a normal credit card. 24 months at 0% APR
    10-13-2017 08:36 PM
    Well I pre-ordered it the day of the event (10/4) and they charged my card. Thought they wouldn't charge until it shipped...
    10-13-2017 11:49 PM
    Well I pre-ordered it the day of the event (10/4) and they charged my card. Thought they wouldn't charge until it shipped...
    They charge it.... It sits pending for a week, then drops. It will be accept charged before it ships.
    10-14-2017 08:21 AM
    You should think about applying for Google financing. Offers better terms than a normal credit card. 24 months at 0% APR
    Lol.. open a line of credit just for a phone..😔
    10-14-2017 08:27 AM
    Lol.. open a line of credit just for a phone..😔
    It's not just for a phone you can buy whatever is in the Google store. However if you add other stuff on to that credit line, the APR kicks in.
    10-14-2017 09:48 AM
    I am also wondering how this works. If your payment gets declined does google just cancel your order or do they contact you and have a method established for you to provide another method of payment?

For example, I ordered an iPhone and by the time it shipped my credit card was canceled due to being stolen. I received an email from Apple with a link to enter new payment info within 48 hours or I’d lose my place in line.
    10-14-2017 10:02 AM
    I am also wondering how this works. If your payment gets declined does google just cancel your order or do they contact you and have a method established for you to provide another method of payment?

For example, I ordered an iPhone and by the time it shipped my credit card was canceled due to being stolen. I received an email from Apple with a link to enter new payment info within 48 hours or I’d lose my place in line.
    Called Google about this issue. They won't change the payment method, but they will offer me a chance to change it when the order is set to ship.
    10-14-2017 11:23 AM
    Called Google about this issue. They won't change the payment method, but they will offer me a chance to change it when the order is set to ship.
    Does that mean they will just contact you if it fails and then ask for another payment?
    10-14-2017 11:40 AM
    What method did you use to contact google?
    10-14-2017 11:42 AM
    I bought the Pixel 2 XL as a guest since I didn’t want to use the card associated with my Google Play account. Is there any way to check the expiration of the card I used? I have the order details, but it only tells me the last 4 of the card, which did not change.

I know I received a new card because my current one was expiring right around the 4th. Silly me, I can’t remember if I used the old one and then activated the new one after, or if I activated before I used it.

I just wanna make sure I don’t find out on the day it’s supposed to ship that the Card info was bad. Haha.

One more question, say I tried to order with the expired card, would it get kicked back like normal, or is it different because it is a preorder?

Thanks!
    10-14-2017 11:46 AM
    Does that mean they will just contact you if it fails and then ask for another payment?
    That was my impression. You have 7 days to change it before the order is cancelled.

What method did you use to contact google?
    Phone. They have a store customer service number.
    KillerQ likes this.
    10-14-2017 12:12 PM