Better Cellular Reception with the P2?

pappy35

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I recently switched to Verizon from AT&T due to basically non-existent service at work where I spend the majority of my time. Despite their darn commercials though I find that there quite a few places I frequent where I get ZERO service now as opposed to slow, but workable, service on AT&T.

Knowing that the underlying technology evolves (on a 6P now) I wonder if any of you have any idea if I could expect the Pixel 2 (either one) to be able to function better in marginal areas? Is perhaps CDMA a more power-hungry protocol verse GSM?

I am starting to think about trying Project Fi or T-Mobile to see whether their service is better overall for me.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Me and my neighbors all have Verizon and have terrible reception issues. Verizon knows about it, and it's the matter of where their towers currently are. Is it possible the pixel 2 will have a better radio and better reception?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If you're having issue with other phones you'll most likely have the same issues with the Pixel 2. I'd suggest trying out other carriers if yours isn't working for you.