Sprint sim card

Ron Copsetta

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Wondering if my Pixel XL sim will work just fine in my Pixel 2 XL, and has sprint upgraded SIM cards to a point where I should just get a new one. No matter where you go for one whether it's best buy or a Sprint store nobody seems to have a clue about SIM cards.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Wondering if my Pixel XL sim will work just fine in my Pixel 2 XL, and has sprint upgraded SIM cards to a point where I should just get a new one. No matter where you go for one whether it's best buy or a Sprint store nobody seems to have a clue about SIM cards.

I'm going to try the one from my 6P. I'm hoping it should work

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
You need an ISIM for the Pixel 2 XL. The one from the Nexus 6p will not work for sure and the Pixel XL took the same Sim as the 6p. Just chat with Sprint and they will send current customers one for free or if you have a Corporate Sprint store close to you you can get one there for free also if you are a current Customer.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
You need an ISIM for the Pixel 2 XL. The one from the Nexus 6p will not work for sure and the Pixel XL took the same Sim as the 6p. Just chat with Sprint and they will send current customers one for free or if you have a Corporate Sprint store close to you you can get one there for free also if you are a current Customer.

Just ordered an isim pack from Sprint. Should be here in 1-3 days. Phone isn't shipping until Tuesday so probably get both at the same time

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Just got off the phone with Sprint Order Support (866-203-1816) Ordered my ISIM card (LTEGSM 4FF REM ISIM V2) Apparently last years Pixel sim won't work with the Pixel 2.

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I called Sprint and they wanted to charge me $12.95 to ship one.....
I'll probably wait until I get my device to confirm which one I need. I've heard V1 or V2 will work. Ebay is cheaper if I need to purchase one.

On the bright side, I've used the same sim with the Moto X Pure, Huawei 6P, and Pixel XL, so I may be OK.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I called Sprint and they wanted to charge me $12.95 to ship one.....
I'll probably wait until I get my device to confirm which one I need. I've heard V1 or V2 will work. Ebay is cheaper if I need to purchase one.

On the bright side, I've used the same sim with the Moto X Pure, Huawei 6P, and Pixel XL, so I may be OK.

That Sim won't work. You need an isim for the pixel 2/xl2. I'm in the same boat. I have a 6P, and I had to purchase another Sim

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
That Sim won't work. You need an isim for the pixel 2/xl2. I'm in the same boat. I have a 6P, and I had to purchase another Sim

When you receive the sim from Sprint, please post the product/sku # on the sim card. This is not the unique sim # itself. However, it'll make it easier to make sure I am ordering the right one.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, where did you find out that the Huawei 6P Sim will not be compatible?

Still frustrated they wanted to charge me $12.95. Maybe I'll have to chat online or call again.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
When you receive the sim from Sprint, please post the product/sku # on the sim card. This is not the unique sim # itself. However, it'll make it easier to make sure I am ordering the right one.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, where did you find out that the Huawei 6P Sim will not be compatible?

Still frustrated they wanted to charge me $12.95. Maybe I'll have to chat online or call again.

I read it somewhere where sprint switched to isims. It was for phones like the S8 etc.

Ron Copsetta

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Just ordered my new isim from Sprint, 3 to 5 business days I will have it and they didn't ask for a dime, I ordered the same one that's stated in the above comment ( LTEGSM 4FF REM ISIM V2) hope it works.

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Just ordered my new isim from Sprint, 3 to 5 business days I will have it and they didn't ask for a dime, I ordered the same one that's stated in the above comment ( LTEGSM 4FF REM ISIM V2) hope it works.

The Pixel 2 XL is listed on Sprint.com>Support>Devices, so that's a good sign. The agent looked up the Pixel 2 XL and that's the one they're sending me.

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Do you have an item#? The one they are sending me 760492035279

I just called order support and they could not give me the item# to go with the card they're sending.

Getting a sim card from Sprint sure is a convoluted mess every year. At least the Pixel 2 is listed on their website now.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I just called order support and they could not give me the item# to go with the card they're sending.

Getting a sim card from Sprint sure is a convoluted mess every year. At least the Pixel 2 is listed on their website now.

It seriously is. I wouldn't even have known to get a special one for the 6P if it wasn't for the forums. It seems they change them every year or so.

May 3, 2015
Visit site

You have to get a new sim every year? Doesn't get defeat the purpose of a Sim card?

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Well according to this it's an isim. About halfway down the page.

https://bestcellular.com/sprint-uiccs/

Well looking at your link, I found my product number but it's near the bottom, and it's just a kit. I'll probably have to call them up tomorrow, and confirm they are sending the right one. Sprints CS is garbage, so I wouldn't be surprised if they sent the wrong one. I'm not paying for it if they did.

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Well looking at your link, I found my product number but it's near the bottom, and it's just a kit. I'll probably have to call them up tomorrow, and confirm they are sending the right one. Sprints CS is garbage, so I wouldn't be surprised if they sent the wrong one. I'm not paying for it if they did.

Until somebody activates a Pixel 2 on Sprint it's a guessing game. But at least it's on their website under Support>Devises so we may not need to get it *whitelisted* this year. Stress that it's a Pixel 2, not not a Pixel and it's under *supported devises* on their website. Good luck.