Sprint sim card

Pigman

May 27, 2011
Visit site
OK so I tried to swap out my XL for the XL2 online. It seemed everything was fine, clicked the last step and then error! Take your phone to the store. Luckily a Sprint corporate store is close by. They were able to get it working. The switch over did take about 10 minutes for some reason, but all is well now.

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
OK so I tried to swap out my XL for the XL2 online. It seemed everything was fine, clicked the last step and then error! Take your phone to the store. Luckily a Sprint corporate store is close by. They were able to get it working. The switch over did take about 10 minutes for some reason, but all is well now.

When you got it activated, were you able to use the same sim that was in your original Pixel XL, or did the corporate store activate with a new sim?

Also, I'm not near a store and plan to activate online. However, did the store tell you anything about what they had to do to get it working? If online doesn't work for me, I'll probably need to call in.

Pigman

May 27, 2011
Visit site
When you got it activated, were you able to use the same sim that was in your original Pixel XL, or did the corporate store activate with a new sim?

Also, I'm not near a store and plan to activate online. However, did the store tell you anything about what they had to do to get it working? If online doesn't work for me, I'll probably need to call in.

I used the ISIM that I ordered from Sprint. I put it in the phone and tried the online swap, entering numbers from the phones box as well as the SIM card. It recognized that I had a Pixel XL 2, but once I clicked the final switch over button it failed. When I took it to the store, they didn't switch the SIM, they used the one I received in the mail. But they were surprise that I had a SIM card already, and they said they had them on hand, so if you haven't ordered one, hopefully your Sprint store will have them as well. Go to a corporate store, you should have better luck. I don't believe the SIM from the OG Pixel will work.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Damn I wish mine would've worked. Would've saved me 40 minutes and a trip to the store. But hey all's well now.

I was having issue with texts last night for about an hour. Everytime I activate a new phone on Sprint there seems to be a period of time where the SMS function doesn't work. It has to settle in or whatever. It works fine now though.

lkmel

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
The SIM kit I ordered for the Pixel 2 XL worked perfectly. I tried to update the SIM card online but was told to chat. Once I chatted, I simply provided the SIM card number and the phone was activated in a matter of seconds.

Key is to get the SIM kit LTEGSM 4FF REM ISIM V2. Easiest activation I've encountered with Sprint!

808vet

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
The SIM kit I ordered for the Pixel 2 XL worked perfectly. I tried to update the SIM card online but was told to chat. Once I chatted, I simply provided the SIM card number and the phone was activated in a matter of seconds.

Key is to get the SIM kit LTEGSM 4FF REM ISIM V2. Easiest activation I've encountered with Sprint!

Thank you so much! I needed this, the Jokers at Sprint have been clueless to date, and I have gone through two incorrect SIM cards.