Post here before canceling a pre- order. Someone might want it

Status
Not open for further replies.

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm also curious. I checked my own preorder and was only given the option to edit the shipping address. I saw no option to edit the payment method.

If I had a preorder that I was planning to cancel, I am sure I could ask someone to reimburse me and then change the shipping address. However, I just don't see how the potential risks would be worth it.

Of course, things may be different if you are able to change the shipping address and payment method, but that would mean that the person taking over the preorder would have to be willing to give you their credit/debit card number.

gmermel

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
If I had a preorder that I was planning to cancel, I am sure I could ask someone to reimburse me and then change the shipping address. However, I just don't see how the potential risks would be worth it

PayPal. Some banks also let you send money via email......

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
PayPal. Some banks also let you send money via email......

True. I guess it depends on how long you are willing to wait. I get an extra year of warranty protection and other benefits from my credit card, so I'd rather use that, even if it meant waiting a little longer.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
It's a nice thought, in theory, but I'm not sure how it plays out in real life. Do I change the shipping address to a different address? Do I get the phone and then risk the person who told me they wanted it still wants it, just for me to have to ship it to them? Like I said, it's a nice sentiment but I'm not sure how it plays out

gmermel

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
  1. Agree to sell the pre-order
  2. PayPal payment completed
  3. Change delivery address

Seems straightforward to me....I mean, really, do you think someone in the forum is looking to rip someone off?

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
One problem is the warranty. Google has great warranty. Once you trade, do they still honor the warranty? I would love to trade with someone who has a stormtrooper version of the xl, but would rather keep my warranty. I'm getting mine on the 19 or 20 this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12