10-21-2017 10:17 AM
140 ... 456
tools
    I could not get a YouTube video to fill the screen so I I had 2 black edges on the screen. I could not do it on the V30 either but maybe it's just YouTube there's a setting I missed. Thought I saw it go full screen for a split second. I guess if you can stretch the video to the new ratio it might look weird
    I just watched a couple videos if you pinch to zoom it filled the screen for me and doing the opposite puts it back to normal. Not sure if it'll work with every video though.
    10-19-2017 01:03 PM
    Woke up this morning and battery was at 100%, that's a first for me. The rest is too soon to tell.
    ?
    Do you mean it was off the charger all night and was 100% this morning? If so, very cool.
    10-19-2017 01:04 PM
    ?
    Do you mean it was off the charger all night and was 100% this morning? If so, very cool.
    Sounds very LG.
    10-19-2017 01:11 PM
    No wireless charging...really the only thing keeping this from being a perfect phone for me
    problems i have with wireless charging is its slow at charging, cant use phone while charging(like playing games) and the charger is an extra purchase.

problem with regular charger vs wireless is regular loses a bit of convenience when all u need is just place phone on the wireless charger.

with Type C one of the major annoyance with charger is solved.

but for that very very minor inconvenience of plugging type C to wall I am not ready to sacrifice my other major advantages.

but i understand people have preferences
    10-19-2017 01:15 PM
    "Verizon expert" lol. Sorry that just sounds so weird to me :P.
    But you're OK with, "expert at Best Buy"?
    10-19-2017 01:21 PM
    What's wrong with 2:1 display?
    Too narrow for me. I prefer 16:9. Like on my Nexus 6. Now there's a handful of phone!
    There is dark mode on the launcher.
    And it looks really nice with the gooey black wallpaper, but it's limited to the launcher. There's no native dark mode for anything else. You need Substratum for that.
    10-19-2017 01:34 PM
    Too narrow for me. I prefer 16:9. Like on my Nexus 6. Now there's a handful of phone!
    And it looks really nice with the gooey black wallpaper, but it's limited to the launcher. There's no native dark mode for anything else. You need Substratum for that.
    Substratum can be activated in pixel without root as well
    10-19-2017 01:37 PM
    But you're OK with, "expert at Best Buy"?
    I count no reps as "experts" when it comes to carrier related stuff. I know what they know as just a consumer. I simply read / know before I walk in so they simply grab what I ask.
    10-19-2017 01:39 PM
    this color space is going to take some getting used to. I hope they allow you to disable srgb in an update. it's def ugly.
    dsignori likes this.
    10-19-2017 01:54 PM
    So take this for what it's worth.

I chatted Google support about the 2XL and specifically asked about the screen issues.

The response was their engineering team is aware of the issue and is working on an update.

They also said that it was only effecting 2% of phones. so maybe that's why some notice and some don't, or it was the early batches???
    10-19-2017 02:16 PM
    So take this for what it's worth.

I chatted Google support about the 2XL and specifically asked about the screen issues.

The response was their engineering team is aware of the issue and is working on an update.

They also said that it was only effecting 2% of phones. so maybe that's why some notice and some don't, or it was the early batches???
    I don't buy that. The blue shift has been on every review, and mine. I don't really mind the blue part... The color however is a bit of a problem. I want the vivid mode that my old pixel had.
    10-19-2017 02:20 PM
    Ya I wasn't buying the 2% either. I don't really mind the blue shift either, but if they can change the vived modes I think it would solve most users issues.
    10-19-2017 02:23 PM
    ...need new owner "just got mine" screen feedback...XL's gettn hammered, reviews-wise...still using my 6P w/fresh batt install...great display as always...ordered 64GB Panda 10/05...mite cancel if this torrent of 'questionable display' info (see below) keeps piling up...

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbrea...lg-oled-screen
    10-21-2017 02:00 AM
    I'm glad people are drafting to cancel their orders... Maybe I'll move up in the line. Haha
    Cancel, cancel, cancel.....you have to yell it out loud three times with affirmity while facing east.
    10-21-2017 09:01 AM
    I'm compiling a list of dislikes/issues--some mine, some from other threads. So far I've got:

• screen too blue
    • Trusted locations not working consistently (allegedly an update to Google Play Services will soon fix this)
    • USB Config options unresponsive
    • crappy lock screen lighting effect
    • At-a-glance widget not showing calendar events
    • white app names are too hard to read in grey app drawer
    • Assistant not responsive over car bluetooth
    • LED not working for charging or notifications
    • Auto brightness jittering cuz of environmental light
    10-21-2017 10:17 AM
140 ... 456