What Do You DISlike About 2 XL?

openwheelracing

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Don't like the curved screen edge. It makes the side bezels bigger than it has to be. Don't like the annoying blue tint. This is the deal breaker. The HTC made Pixel 2 does not have same issues. I wish HTC made the 2XL too.

Large Hadron

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
It's too large for me. That's why I ordered the smaller one.

And lack of headphone jack with good DAC and amp backing it up (I'm not bothered about lacking a headphone jack with indifferent output - I'll take USB-C over that).

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
No wireless charging
No dark mode/theming
Poor manual camera settings
No 2nd camera (portrait mode should suffice)

Sure they're minor issues but they'll probably become more and more frustrating over time.

Pixelfan56

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site
my only wish is th ebezels were more in-line with the lack of size the other flagships now have and possibly the the rounded glass edges, not sure what benefit those bring and i worry the screen will be easier to crack if the bumper on the case doesnt protrude out far enough

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Fer Chrissakes! Now we gotta worry about e-bezels, too?! What is this crap?!

Yeah bezels at the sides of the phone are so small these days, manufactures came up with black bars at the edges of the screen to add extra electronic bezels (e-bezels) to make phones look more traditional. You can turn them on or off depending on how much bezels bother you.
You can find it in Settings> display> e-bezels > then either check the box for on/off

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I don't like...

1. The return to the 6" screen that I've missed since the Nexus 6
  2. The return of dual front-firing stereo speakers
  3. High water/dust resistance
  4. Google giving me more in trade-in for my Pixel XL than I could sell it for on eBay

Yep, I don't like these changes at all. All combined, they made me upgrade a year earlier than I had planned.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I'd have to get the phone in my hands first before I could say. That's always worked out better for me in the past.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It's too big for me, but a beautiful device, for sure! I was kind of hoping for it to be the same or similar to the original Pixel XL (I know, I'm probably in the minority here!); as I want the 2XL's battery size lool. Although, I've heard because of the new Snapdragon, both the 2 and 2XL have good battery life.

ronin_cse

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
This one I don't get, why plug in pads everywhere when the battery is good for a day? Am I spoiled by Android Auto top ups?

how is that any different from plugging in charging cables everywhere? It's just slightly more convenient to not have to plug the cable into the phone.

ronin_cse

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Also I dislike that everyone calls the Black and White version the Panda version...it's a penguin damnit! Look at the orange button! I don't see orange on Pandas! ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay