What Do You DISlike About 2 XL?

jhnnyblze2000

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I could not get a YouTube video to fill the screen so I I had 2 black edges on the screen. I could not do it on the V30 either but maybe it's just YouTube there's a setting I missed. Thought I saw it go full screen for a split second. I guess if you can stretch the video to the new ratio it might look weird
I just watched a couple videos if you pinch to zoom it filled the screen for me and doing the opposite puts it back to normal. Not sure if it'll work with every video though.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
No wireless charging...really the only thing keeping this from being a perfect phone for me :(

problems i have with wireless charging is its slow at charging, cant use phone while charging(like playing games) and the charger is an extra purchase.

problem with regular charger vs wireless is regular loses a bit of convenience when all u need is just place phone on the wireless charger.

with Type C one of the major annoyance with charger is solved.

but for that very very minor inconvenience of plugging type C to wall I am not ready to sacrifice my other major advantages.

but i understand people have preferences

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Too narrow for me. I prefer 16:9. Like on my Nexus 6. Now there's a handful of phone!
And it looks really nice with the gooey black wallpaper, but it's limited to the launcher. There's no native dark mode for anything else. You need Substratum for that.

Substratum can be activated in pixel without root as well

Pharmduq64

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
So take this for what it's worth.

I chatted Google support about the 2XL and specifically asked about the screen issues.

The response was their engineering team is aware of the issue and is working on an update.

They also said that it was only effecting 2% of phones. so maybe that's why some notice and some don't, or it was the early batches???

May 3, 2015
Visit site
So take this for what it's worth.

I chatted Google support about the 2XL and specifically asked about the screen issues.

The response was their engineering team is aware of the issue and is working on an update.

They also said that it was only effecting 2% of phones. so maybe that's why some notice and some don't, or it was the early batches???

I don't buy that. The blue shift has been on every review, and mine. I don't really mind the blue part... The color however is a bit of a problem. I want the vivid mode that my old pixel had.

Pharmduq64

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
Ya I wasn't buying the 2% either. I don't really mind the blue shift either, but if they can change the vived modes I think it would solve most users issues.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm compiling a list of dislikes/issues--some mine, some from other threads. So far I've got:

• screen too blue
  • Trusted locations not working consistently (allegedly an update to Google Play Services will soon fix this)
  • USB Config options unresponsive
  • crappy lock screen lighting effect
  • At-a-glance widget not showing calendar events
  • white app names are too hard to read in grey app drawer
  • Assistant not responsive over car bluetooth
  • LED not working for charging or notifications
  • Auto brightness jittering cuz of environmental light

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads