I currently have the nexus 5x and have pre-ordered the XL 2. I was wondering what is the best way to transfer my sms/mms to the new phone. I know I can use SMS backup & restore, but that takes forever with so many texts. any suggestions?
    10-16-2017 11:53 PM
    I use SMS backup & restore. It only takes a few minutes for me.
    10-17-2017 06:58 AM
    I currently have the nexus 5x and have pre-ordered the XL 2. I was wondering what is the best way to transfer my sms/mms to the new phone. I know I can use SMS backup & restore, but that takes forever with so many texts. any suggestions?
    Just use the Pixel 2's built-in transfer tool. It'll ask you right when you boot up the phone for setup...just plus you 5X into the Pixel with the included cable. Will transfer photos, texts, and more.
    aximtreo likes this.
    10-17-2017 07:02 AM
    Just use the Pixel 2's built-in transfer tool. It'll ask you right when you boot up the phone for setup...just plus you 5X into the Pixel with the included cable. Will transfer photos, texts, and more.
    imo, this is something google destorys the competition with, it was so easy for me to get everything converted over to my XL last year
    aximtreo likes this.
    10-17-2017 08:19 AM
    I always hated moving to a new phone because no matter what, I lost my texts and call history. Got a new Pixel XL for my bad battery Nexus 6P and I was shocked after using their Transfer Tool. Everything was on the new phone: wallpaper, call history, texts, apps. All I had to do was re-log into apps, like Android Pay, etc. Easiest I've ever set up a new phone.
    aximtreo likes this.
    10-17-2017 08:46 AM
    I use SMS backup & restore. It only takes a few minutes for me.
    I second this. I've used this app many times in the past and it works great...even transfers MMS pictures and group messages. Not sure if the built-in transfer tool does that or not since I've never used it. I know the Google drive backup solution only includes SMS, not MMS.
    10-17-2017 10:39 AM