anyone buying the USB c head phones being sold in the Google store?

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
If you do could you tell me if they're worth the $125 price tag?

I haven't used them, but I'd imagine the price has to do a bit with them being noise cancelling. The JBL noise cancelling USB-C earbuds cost anywhere from $150-200.

I wish they'd list their frequency response, that should be a paramount spec for any audio device.

gnahc79

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
OP, do you mean these USB C headphones? The list price is $149.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...one_q_adapt_earphones?hl=en-US&token=iJcqgLxb

I'm a mild audiophile and already have Sennheiser Momentum In-Ear headphones. Combined with the adapter, is it any better/worse by a meaningful margin vs the Libratone? To me not likely given the typical listening environment is noisy (well unless you're at the library). I don't really see any online reviews for the in ear model. IMO wait and see.

Tayloj92

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
OP, do you mean these USB C headphones? The list price is $149.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...one_q_adapt_earphones?hl=en-US&token=UxJyiEJJ

I'm a mild audiophile and already have Sennheiser Momentum In-Ear headphones. Combined with the adapter, is it any better/worse by a meaningful margin vs the Libratone? To me not likely given the typical listening environment is noisy (well unless you're at the library). I don't really see any online reviews for the in ear model. IMO wait and see.

Yes these are the ones I am referring to.

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Just get a good set of Bluetooth headphones, why would you buy a new set of wired headphones? Anyone who believes that they can hear the difference is kidding themselves.

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Just get a good set of Bluetooth headphones, why would you buy a new set of wired headphones? Anyone who believes that they can hear the difference is kidding themselves.

Especially since USB-c headphones so the conversion in the headphones... Not the phone. Meaning Bluetooth 4+ headphones still sound identical.

gnahc79

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm staying away from bluetooth audio because it's not 100% reliable like wired headphones. Audio quality, yeah you can only tell the difference if you are 100% focused on the audio quality.

from the Ars review of the pixel 2
https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017/10/pixel-2-and-2-xl-review-the-best-android-phone-you-can-buy/

While better pairing and battery life is nice, Android Bluetooth is still bad. Even in 8.0 Oreo, which supposedly had a lot of work on the Bluetooth stack, it still a mess of issues. If you don't believe me, you can check out this thread on Google's official Pixel User Community group, which was dedicated to Oreo Bluetooth issues until Google locked it after 650 replies. You'll find reports of total incompatibilities, stutters, skips, and dropped calls, usually with follow-up reports of "I tried an iPhone and that worked fine." Bluetooth issues still permeate the board, so the wrinkles don't sound like they've been ironed out yet. For what it's worth, my Pixel 2 Bluetooth experiences have been fine, but the issues people are experiencing seem to mostly involve compatibility across the whole spectrum of Bluetooth devices.

the "made for Google" thing is promising, but I'm not going to be one of the guinea pigs to see if these issues are really sorted out by "made for Google".

May 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm staying away from bluetooth audio because it's not 100% reliable like wired headphones. Audio quality, yeah you can only tell the difference if you are 100% focused on the audio quality.

from the Ars review of the pixel 2
https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2017/10/pixel-2-and-2-xl-review-the-best-android-phone-you-can-buy/

the "made for Google" thing is promising, but I'm not going to be one of the guinea pigs to see if these issues are really sorted out by "made for Google".

Srsly? Bluetooth has been basically the same as wired for years now.

gnahc79

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Srsly? Bluetooth has been basically the same as wired for years now.

I'm assuming your 'same' statement is in regards to audio quality? My last comment was about connectivity issues, which have no similarities between Bluetooth and wired. Bluetooth connectivity has gotten better over the past few years, but not enough for me to leave my wired headphones behind.

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I have a pair of Bose bluetooth headphones, I've never had a connectivity problem. The distance between your head and your shirt pocket is very short so you wouldn't expect a reliability problem. I do have issues when connecting to a bluetooth amplifier on the other side of the room, it mostly works but occasionally there are dropouts, but that's a much longer distance.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1