11-16-2017 08:36 PM
147 123 ...
tools
    Looking for owners reviews on the Pixel 2.
    Not just hands on in the Verizon store but actual owners .
    Thanks in advance for the imput looking forward to it.
    10-18-2017 09:58 PM
    So far very fast compared to the Pixel which was already the smoothest Android phone I have ever held. Yes, the colors are more muted than Pixel, however when I turn on sRGB in Pixel, I actually prefer the Pixel 2 sRGB panel. Pixel 2 screen is a slight upgrade imo. Phone feel great in a slim case. Very handsome design, all business in black. Finger print scanner is by far the fastest ever. I am not blown away by the stereo speakers. They are okay even in stereo mode. However at least they are projecting in the right direction. So far it just feels like a faster Pixel. Another all business no bull$hit Google Pixel. The camera is faster, produces sharper pics, overall better point and shoot pictures. I have been shooting identical scene to compare on my computer and Pixel 2 consistently better pics. Less blur and surprisingly colors pop more than original Pixel.
    10-18-2017 10:21 PM
    So far very fast compared to the Pixel which was already the smoothest Android phone I have ever held. Yes, the colors are more muted than Pixel, however when I turn on sRGB in Pixel, I actually prefer the Pixel 2 sRGB panel. Pixel 2 screen is a slight upgrade imo. Phone feel great in a slim case. Very handsome design, all business in black. Finger print scanner is by far the fastest ever. I am not blown away by the stereo speakers. They are okay even in stereo mode. However at least they are projecting in the right direction. So far it just feels like a faster Pixel. Another all business no bull$hit Google Pixel. The camera is faster, produces sharper pics, overall better point and shoot pictures. I have been shooting identical scene to compare on my computer and Pixel 2 consistently better pics. Less blur and surprisingly colors pop more than original Pixel.
    Update us with the battery life too..thanks!
    1901Madison likes this.
    10-18-2017 10:39 PM
    one thing I'm surprised about , unless mine is defective, is that on speaker phone calls, only the bottom speaker works. the top speaker only works on media and ear piece. the bottom speaker can get fairly distorted at top volume on speaker calls as well so far.
    10-18-2017 11:21 PM
    Just guessing but I would say not defective designed that way ^^^^
    10-18-2017 11:30 PM
    I hope so, just not what I was expecting.
    10-18-2017 11:59 PM
    Confirmed. Only bottom speaker works in speaker call.
    aximtreo likes this.
    10-19-2017 12:03 AM
    thank you
    10-19-2017 12:05 AM
    Can you set the search engine to bing on the pixel 2? Need to get my monthly bing points.. heh
    ndonnine likes this.
    10-19-2017 03:38 AM
    Can anyone compare the Pixel 2 screen to the Galaxy S6... which is better? will I be downgrading the display if I get the Pixel 2?
    10-19-2017 03:55 AM
    Yup, no upper speaker in speakerphone mode just for safety for those who somehow turn on speakerphone while in call or phase out and start a speakerphone call but place the phone up to their ear.
    Apple2Droid likes this.
    10-19-2017 04:21 AM
    Yup, no upper speaker in speakerphone mode just for safety for those who somehow turn on speakerphone while in call or phase out and start a speakerphone call but place the phone up to their ear.
    Good point - I love things that make sense.
    Apple2Droid likes this.
    10-19-2017 05:25 AM
    Can owners comment on the radios? i.e. How is the signal strength ? GPS works well? Bluetooth connections good? Etc

If you state your carrier that helps too ( I am on Verizon).
    10-19-2017 08:53 AM
    As you guys play with your phones more, please update us on battery life. I'm curious about both standby and in-use. I'd be particularly curious about how it compares to past phones you've used.
    C5Longhorn likes this.
    10-19-2017 08:57 AM
    This report of black crushing on the Pixel 2 (non XL) screen concerns me....

Edit:

Including the image here. Top is a Moto X, bottom is a Pixel 2:

10-19-2017 10:46 AM
    This report of black crushing on the Pixel 2 (non XL) screen concerns me....

Edit:

Including the image here. Top is a Moto X, bottom is a Pixel 2:

https://i.imgur.com/OLA9jOK.jpg
    Well this is very concerning wasn't expecting this .....
    10-19-2017 11:20 AM
    Okay, woke up at 100% this morning. It is now exactly 75%, and I have 1 hour 44 minute screen on time. Roughly 20 minutes GPS via Bluetooth, couple hours of podcast radio and a bunch of surfing. Take it for what it is worth

Definitely better than my Pixel. So far no drop calls, signal is strong, BT is perfect. Used Google Nav and Play Music simultaneously. Knock on wood.
    10-19-2017 12:51 PM
    Okay, woke up at 100% this morning. It is now exactly 75%, and I have 1 hour 44 minute screen on time. Roughly 20 minutes GPS via Bluetooth, couple hours of podcast radio and a bunch of surfing. Take it for what it is worth

Definitely better than my Pixel. So far no drop calls, signal is strong, BT is perfect. Used Google Nav and Play Music simultaneously. Knock on wood.
    My 6P would likely be at 50-60% after all that - especially with nav. Was the screen on the whole time using navigation?

I also wonder if you're seeing some of the effects of a new battery versus one with unknown amount of wear on your original Pixel.
    10-19-2017 01:00 PM

Thanks. Good info. Sounds promising.
    10-19-2017 01:01 PM
    Can anyone compare the Pixel 2 screen to the Galaxy S6... which is better? will I be downgrading the display if I get the Pixel 2?
    I also have an S6 with dying battery. That phone has a great screen. I don't feel it is a downgrade though. They are comparable imo. Although S6 has higher resolution, I don't see the pixels. I don't think you will be disappointed with Pixel 2 screen.
    Apple2Droid and aximtreo like this.
    10-19-2017 01:30 PM
    My 6P would likely be at 50-60% after all that - especially with nav. Was the screen on the whole time using navigation?

I also wonder if you're seeing some of the effects of a new battery versus one with unknown amount of wear on your original Pixel.
    Screen was off except when I squeeze to change songs and mess with Assistant. Maybe 15- 20% of my drive time

My Pixel is barely 3 weeks old (it was a refurb unit from Asurion though). I thought it had great battery life already cause I got over 4 hr SOT consistently.

BTW I don't have a ton of apps. As bare as possible is how I run my phone.
    10-19-2017 01:31 PM
    Screen was off except when I squeeze to change songs and mess with Assistant. Maybe 15- 20% of my drive time

My Pixel is barely 3 weeks old (it was a refurb unit from Asurion though). I thought it had great battery life already cause I got over 4 hr SOT consistently.

BTW I don't have a ton of apps. As bare as possible is how I run my phone.
    Thanks for the extra details. SOT with nav is a huge battery suck on my 6P but more of a moot point since I can now use Android Auto.

I'm planning on going barebones as well. Which is relative since it seems like I have a ton of apps on my 6P.
    Apple2Droid likes this.
    10-19-2017 02:06 PM
    Not sure if this has been mentioned, but it appears the Pixel 2 has the same "knock to wake" as some other LG phones have. If you tap the screen three times it'll wake up. Handy when it's in a cradle or a mount. Also, the "squeeze" thing does work through a TPU case.
    Apple2Droid and aximtreo like this.
    10-19-2017 02:44 PM
    Update
    Apple2Droid likes this.
    10-19-2017 03:57 PM
    Got mine today. Have an XL due mid November that I may cancel.

Initial impressions, underwhelmed with the screen, nothing wrong with it just that by coincidence I had the stock live wallpaper installed on my S8+ and the difference was immediately obvious when I powered on the pixel 2. Trying to park that for now as so far it is super smooth and feels very nice in the hand.
    Apple2Droid and Jonneh like this.
    10-19-2017 04:33 PM
147 123 ...