Pixel 2 (NON-XL) Owners Club Reviews

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Looking for owners reviews on the Pixel 2.
Not just hands on in the Verizon store but actual owners .
Thanks in advance for the imput looking forward to it.

openwheelracing

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: Pixel 2 none Xl Owners Club Reviews

So far very fast compared to the Pixel which was already the smoothest Android phone I have ever held. Yes, the colors are more muted than Pixel, however when I turn on sRGB in Pixel, I actually prefer the Pixel 2 sRGB panel. Pixel 2 screen is a slight upgrade imo. Phone feel great in a slim case. Very handsome design, all business in black. Finger print scanner is by far the fastest ever. I am not blown away by the stereo speakers. They are okay even in stereo mode. However at least they are projecting in the right direction. So far it just feels like a faster Pixel. Another all business no bull$hit Google Pixel. The camera is faster, produces sharper pics, overall better point and shoot pictures. I have been shooting identical scene to compare on my computer and Pixel 2 consistently better pics. Less blur and surprisingly colors pop more than original Pixel.

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site

So far very fast compared to the Pixel which was already the smoothest Android phone I have ever held. Yes, the colors are more muted than Pixel, however when I turn on sRGB in Pixel, I actually prefer the Pixel 2 sRGB panel. Pixel 2 screen is a slight upgrade imo. Phone feel great in a slim case. Very handsome design, all business in black. Finger print scanner is by far the fastest ever. I am not blown away by the stereo speakers. They are okay even in stereo mode. However at least they are projecting in the right direction. So far it just feels like a faster Pixel. Another all business no bull$hit Google Pixel. The camera is faster, produces sharper pics, overall better point and shoot pictures. I have been shooting identical scene to compare on my computer and Pixel 2 consistently better pics. Less blur and surprisingly colors pop more than original Pixel.

Update us with the battery life too..thanks!

gartenspartan

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site

one thing I'm surprised about , unless mine is defective, is that on speaker phone calls, only the bottom speaker works. the top speaker only works on media and ear piece. the bottom speaker can get fairly distorted at top volume on speaker calls as well so far.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site

Just guessing but I would say not defective designed that way ^^^^

sselemanrm

Oct 16, 2017
Visit site

Can you set the search engine to bing on the pixel 2? Need to get my monthly bing points.. heh

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site

Can anyone compare the Pixel 2 screen to the Galaxy S6... which is better? will I be downgrading the display if I get the Pixel 2?

Sullie714

May 9, 2014
Visit site

Yup, no upper speaker in speakerphone mode just for safety for those who somehow turn on speakerphone while in call or phase out and start a speakerphone call but place the phone up to their ear.

anon(10274434)

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site

Yup, no upper speaker in speakerphone mode just for safety for those who somehow turn on speakerphone while in call or phase out and start a speakerphone call but place the phone up to their ear.

Good point - I love things that make sense.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

Can owners comment on the radios? i.e. How is the signal strength ? GPS works well? Bluetooth connections good? Etc

If you state your carrier that helps too ( I am on Verizon).

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site

As you guys play with your phones more, please update us on battery life. I'm curious about both standby and in-use. I'd be particularly curious about how it compares to past phones you've used.

e30ernest

Nov 23, 2010
www.bmwe30cc.org

This report of black crushing on the Pixel 2 (non XL) screen concerns me....

Edit:

Including the image here. Top is a Moto X, bottom is a Pixel 2:

OLA9jOK.jpg

openwheelracing

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site

Okay, woke up at 100% this morning. It is now exactly 75%, and I have 1 hour 44 minute screen on time. Roughly 20 minutes GPS via Bluetooth, couple hours of podcast radio and a bunch of surfing. Take it for what it is worth

Definitely better than my Pixel. So far no drop calls, signal is strong, BT is perfect. Used Google Nav and Play Music simultaneously. Knock on wood.

sixty_four

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site

Okay, woke up at 100% this morning. It is now exactly 75%, and I have 1 hour 44 minute screen on time. Roughly 20 minutes GPS via Bluetooth, couple hours of podcast radio and a bunch of surfing. Take it for what it is worth

Definitely better than my Pixel. So far no drop calls, signal is strong, BT is perfect. Used Google Nav and Play Music simultaneously. Knock on wood.

My 6P would likely be at 50-60% after all that - especially with nav. Was the screen on the whole time using navigation?

I also wonder if you're seeing some of the effects of a new battery versus one with unknown amount of wear on your original Pixel.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

Thanks. Good info. Sounds promising.

openwheelracing

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site

Can anyone compare the Pixel 2 screen to the Galaxy S6... which is better? will I be downgrading the display if I get the Pixel 2?
I also have an S6 with dying battery. That phone has a great screen. I don't feel it is a downgrade though. They are comparable imo. Although S6 has higher resolution, I don't see the pixels. I don't think you will be disappointed with Pixel 2 screen.