Google Pixel 2 Camera Shots! Show Us Your Pictures

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Since people are starting to get their phones.. Show us some pics!!
Since we know the Pixel 2 camera is one of the best, if not the best camera, I would be interested in seeing pictures that challenge the phone, such as low light shots, macro shots, shots of objects with a lot of detail, backlit shots, etc.

Don't really need to see a picture of your dog or cat snapped in good lighting since just about any phone in the past 10 years is going to get that shot correct.

gnahc79

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Here is a corner case. Taking a pic of my screen with a Pixel 2 at home got some unexpected banding/polarization? The non-banded pic is from a Samsung S5. Ignore the resolution difference, the S5 pic was sent through Hangouts.

MVIMG_20171019_065502.jpg

download_20171019_065557.jpg

e30ernest

Nov 23, 2010
www.bmwe30cc.org
Here is a corner case. Taking a pic of my screen with a Pixel 2 at home got some unexpected banding/polarization? The non-banded pic is from a Samsung S5. Ignore the resolution difference, the S5 pic was sent through Hangouts.

View attachment 271492

View attachment 271493

That looks like your monitor's refresh rate being caught by the camera sensor. Nothing to really worry about.

Gurds

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Wish my Pixel 2 would’ve came yesterday as I could’ve tested it out at the Queens of the Stone Age concert last night. But I was stuck with my iPhone 6s camera. Pixel is on the fedex truck for delivery today!!!

gnahc79

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
That looks like your monitor's refresh rate being caught by the camera sensor. Nothing to really worry about.

I'm not too worried. I wonder if this issue will also appear on the large screen displays at sporting events, concerts, Vegas etc. In those types of pics the screen is usually in the background, so the banding issue would be a distraction from the subject(s) of the picture.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Don't really need to see a picture of your dog or cat snapped in good lighting since just about any phone in the past 10 years is going to get that shot correct.

I disagree with this. I want to see normal pics too. Yes, most cameras are good nowadays but I enjoy cat/dog pics as well as ordinary everyday shots.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I disagree with this. I want to see normal pics too. Yes, most cameras are good nowadays but I enjoy cat/dog pics as well as ordinary everyday shots.

So go to almost any forum on Android Central, look for the "Post your pics here" and flip through them. They're going to look every bit as good as a photo from a Pixel 2. But since this is a Pixel 2 forum and since the camera is state of the art, I want to see photos showcasing that state of the art capabilities, not some mundane shot of someone's pet.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Here's a relatively normal pic :). My old S7 that bootloops once in a while at the worst possible time.

Sure, but that's interesting because it's a closeup shot, it showcases the portrait mode, and it has objects of contrasting color. Also it tells a story. Poor red guy was crushed by the phone and while blue guy is freaking out, the yellow and white guys are assessing the situation. Nice.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Here's a not so mundane photo of my pup, in portrait.*
IMG_20171001_163333.jpg

*Taken with my original Pixel XL...my 2XL arrives next week but hey I don't want to be left out IMG_20171001_163333.jpglol

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Very much so the OG Pixel. The portrait mode blurred out part of his ear and on top of that the tell tale flair at the bottom is a dead giveaway.

Nice dog tho :)

What gave it away for me was the Halo / flaring on the bottom right, which is fixed on the Pixel 2 ..

Now let see some Pixel 2 photos peeps!!!

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Sure, but that's interesting because it's a closeup shot, it showcases the portrait mode, and it has objects of contrasting color. Also it tells a story. Poor red guy was crushed by the phone and while blue guy is freaking out, the yellow and white guys are assessing the situation. Nice.

I liked the image but *loved* your description! All I saw was an old phone and some Lego figures until you opened my eyes.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I liked the image but *loved* your description! All I saw was an old phone and some Lego figures until you opened my eyes.

Yes, it was a nice little set piece and much more interesting than looking at a picture of lobster bisque.

Eagerly awaiting gnahc79's next production.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary