Pixel 2 / 2 XL - Let's see your setup on your Home Screen(s)!

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
With the phone now officially in people's hands, let's see your Homescreen setup, especially those who use launchers. I enjoy taking a look at how others set up their phone. Good for ideas.

Here's mine, pretty stock and clean. Those middle three folders are organized from left to right as Tools, Comms, and Media. I used to rock a clock and weather widget, but seeing how that's already handled, I'll keep it without it. On an extra screen, I have a full month calendar and a few more folders for not-as-necessary apps.

Screenshot_20171018-231454.jpg

dsalazar86

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: Let's see your Homescreen setup

do you keep the center empty to watch your wallpaper? seems like a waste of space I always fill up the whole screen. don't get me wrong I love the new love wallpapers but I'm a utilitarian first I need to be produce first and entertained second

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site

do you keep the center empty to watch your wallpaper? seems like a waste of space I always fill up the whole screen. don't get me wrong I love the new love wallpapers but I'm a utilitarian first I need to be produce first and entertained second

Pretty much. I don't use many apps so I've always had the center open for landscapes. And with the Live Wallpaper now (the balloons move across screen and the scene can rotate), it adds a bit of cool interest too.

dsalazar86

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site

That's cool. I'm getting mine Monday although it says on my Google now card it'll be here Friday can't wait to get it and set it up. How many apps do you usually download

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site

About 10-15 ish, most of which are on an occasional as-needed basis, hence why I don't need quick access to them, plus a few games when I need to kill time.

Pixelfan56

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site

So you use Google messages over Textra? I've always used Textra, love to hear what you like about the stock messenger

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site

Here is mine. Nothing fancy.
69e4d6b10c7d5e664616294fb9a11600.jpg

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site

So you use Google messages over Textra? I've always used Textra, love to hear what you like about the stock messenger
I use stock messenger too. I don't need anything fancy. Gets the job done and I am cool with that.

YahyaRivero

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

wow. I'm extremely late. Since people started receiving their phones? Mine doesn't say until end of November. Pre-ordered minutes after the announcement/Google Event.

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site

Actually, when I had my 6P before this phone, I did use Textra for a few months because there was a bug with Android Messages that I would occasionally not receive text messages from others. The time I did use Textra it was great though. It felt fast and smooth and I liked the dark option.

I'm not using it now because I generally prefer stock, assuming that the Messages bug has been fixed. But I'll see; I might go back over since I did enjoy it.

Pixelfan56

Oct 13, 2017
Visit site

I have Textra setup as completely black to take advantage of the OLED and no impact on battery with black
I never even looked at the stock, maybe I should have

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site

I did try Textra a few years ago. It was feature-rich, I was overwhelmed and went back to stock messaging app. I did use another third party texting app, I forgot what it was. I used that one longer than I used Textra. After all this Textra talk here, I am tempted to give it another shot.

nelamvr6

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site

One of the biggest advantages of a dark theme is that with an OLED display power consumption is greatly reduced.

But with the big batteries and more efficient circuitry in the Pixel 2s it's not nearly as important to me as it once was.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

I like Android messages and it works fine. but i wish google had made some tweaks in android messages.
1. It would be awesome if allo was integrated to android messages instead of a separate app. that way we could have read receipt, message over voip for allo enabled users
2. would love to sms from desktop which again is a feature of allo. (those 2 should have been the one app)

scgf

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
This is my Pixel 2 homescreen using Nova launcher. As you can see I prefer larger icons! I also like to fill the screen since my phone isn't a digital picture frame . . .

Screenshot_20171019-202656.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2