Has anyone had any experience with Google's device protection plan? If so, how was your experience? I have pre-ordered the Pixel 2 XL 128gb with Preferred Care and now I am thinking about getting the Pixelbook. Adding PC to both is an extra 350+ dollars and I don't remember the last time I broke or even damage a phone. Do you guys think it's worth the extra cost.
    10-19-2017 01:50 AM
    I had Nexus Protect (which became Preferred Care), and had a good experience. I made a claim on my previous 6P after it bootlooped (this was before I realized that Google was replacing them for free, even after warranty expiration), and the replacement came promptly. I made the 2nd claim because of a small screen crack after a fall, and they sent me a new Pixel XL, which was a pleasant surprise (this was at the onset of when Google started sending out Pixels to replace faulty 6Ps). Each claim cost me $79.
    cert15z and libra89 like this.
    10-19-2017 10:29 AM
    I had Nexus Protect (which became Preferred Care), and had a good experience. I made a claim on my previous 6P after it bootlooped (this was before I realized that Google was replacing them for free, even after warranty expiration), and the replacement came promptly. I made the 2nd claim because of a small screen crack after a fall, and they sent me a new Pixel XL, which was a pleasant surprise (this was at the onset of when Google started sending out Pixels to replace faulty 6Ps). Each claim cost me $79.
    Thanks for responding. This will be my first time spending some much on a phone or a laptop. Having the protection will give me peace of mind.
    10-19-2017 10:35 AM
    I posted this in other but haven't seen any responses, and didn't want to start a thread of its own. I'm surprised and curious why nobody is talking about SquareTrade as an option? I thought they were highly regarded.
    10-19-2017 10:40 AM