What is your usage here? Screen brightness, how many apps running in background?
    I exit everything I am not currently using... swipe it away.

I generally keep the screen low, as it is well and bright at low levels (at this moment, 11%).

I don't have Facebook, Twitter, etc. so I save on that. My typical apps are Feedly, chrome, Slickdeals, keep, phone, messaging... Hmm.

I am definitely a low end user, all in all. However, as a basis, I got 7-8 hours on a Moto G5 plus before this. So this phone is giving me close to what I got on a 625 with a 3k battery. I'm impressed.
    12-02-2017 09:39 PM
    On track for over 7 hours SoT. Battery life is nuts.
    12-03-2017 05:27 PM
    I exit everything I am not currently using... swipe it away.
    They (apple and Google) both say that by doing that you are using more battery than just leaving it there.
    12-03-2017 05:33 PM
    Currently 6.5 hours SOT with 26% battery left. Screen brightness is around 45%. Bed time now though, up at 4.45
    12-03-2017 05:35 PM
    Don't know what I can add to the discussion. My Pixel 2 XL blows away my Droid Turbo.

Charged it to 100% last night, unplugged it and went to bed. It lost only 0.9% per hour overnight. Incredible. Started the day at 92% charge.

Screen brightness at 20%. I've got 51% battery remaining after almost 5 hours screen on time. While I didn't use CPU intensive apps, I am very impressed.

Edited to add: I watched a 42 minute video on Vimeo, why don't I see that in the app usage section?

12-03-2017 06:30 PM
    Mine is definitely better on DP2. By at least an hour but probably more. I don't do scientific tests but it was great before and even better now. Getting at least 24 hours with as much SOT as I can stand. Usually at least 4 hours on an average day. I did notice that today was impressive. I had 7 hours SOT with 22 hours on and it said I had 2 hours left. I put it on the charger for 15 minutes and it'll probably last me until I go to bed.

The big thing for me is that I never worry about having enough battery. That calculation never enters into my use of the phone. It has in almost every other phone I have used before Pixels. I put it in the charger at night when I go to sleep and it never lets me down during the next day.

This Pixel 2 XL on 8.1 DP2 is very impressive indeed!
    mhettrich likes this.
    12-03-2017 06:51 PM
    Today's usage was crappy but my phone was never charged to 100% only 90%
    12-04-2017 12:05 AM
    You are getting 7 hours of screen time over 15 total hours with an actual battery drain of 64%.

Now, I don't want to sound rude here, but I can't really think of any case where one could consider that kind of usage bad. In fact, I would chance a guess that at least 95% of general user base here at AC would absolutely love to have that kind of usage. In an objective sense, that is excellent.
    PowrDroid likes this.
    12-04-2017 11:30 AM
    You are getting 7 hours of screen time over 15 total hours with an actual battery drain of 64%.

Now, I don't want to sound rude here, but I can't really think of any case where one could consider that kind of usage bad. In fact, I would chance a guess that at least 95% of general user base here at AC would absolutely love to have that kind of usage. In an objective sense, that is excellent.
    Completely agree it seems her expectations might be more than any phone on the market can solve.

I would like to know what she is using for her dark theme in the settings like nova launcher. I'm trying to stay stock and have a dark wallpaper to enable the dark theme but that doesn't change the settings menu. Maybe i need to use nova again
    12-04-2017 11:46 AM

Could be the 7 hours includes some time from before charging, since that is saying since the last "full" charge. Perhaps it's 4 hours before charging to 90% and then 3 hours afterwards or some other combination. Otherwise 7 hours with 64% drain is a run rate of nearly 11 hours SOT, which is an outlier in the data we looked at earlier.
    12-04-2017 11:50 AM
    Today's usage was crappy but my phone was never charged to 100% only 90%https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...2046d5290e.jpg
    That is amazing screen time for 1 days of use on the 2XL from using ~65% battery. I'm getting 5-6hrs SOT every 48 hours(single charge) using 80-90% charge. You won't get much better than that.

Don't know what I can add to the discussion. My Pixel 2 XL blows away my Droid Turbo.

Charged it to 100% last night, unplugged it and went to bed. It lost only 0.9% per hour overnight. Incredible. Started the day at 92% charge.

Screen brightness at 20%. I've got 51% battery remaining after almost 5 hours screen on time. While I didn't use CPU intensive apps, I am very impressed.

Edited to add: I watched a 42 minute video on Vimeo, why don't I see that in the app usage section?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b49cb0689f.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f7220e4044.jpg
    Put your phone on airplane mode when you're sleeping. Mines only drops 1% in 7 hours when doing so.
    12-04-2017 02:13 PM
    Put your phone on airplane mode when you're sleeping. Mines only drops 1% in 7 hours when doing so.
    I personally would rather my battery drain some more (not that it does really that much overnight anyway) versus cutting my phone off from people being able to reach me at night.
    Eggmundo likes this.
    12-04-2017 02:54 PM
    They (apple and Google) both say that by doing that you are using more battery than just leaving it there.
    I have an OCD issue with that too.. lol. The thing is though, that you could have too many apps open accumulated over several hours an days, and that could also drain it, no?

I personally would rather my battery drain some more (not that it does really that much overnight anyway) versus cutting my phone off from people being able to reach me at night.
    Who would when you're sleeping in the middle of the night? Unless its an absolute emergency that I could predict, on-call from work(but I have a separate phone for that), they can wait for me at least.
    12-04-2017 03:00 PM
    Who would when you're sleeping in the middle of the night? Unless its an absolute emergency that I could predict, on-call from work(but I have a separate phone for that), they can wait for me at least.
    As you said "unless it is an absolute emergency" -- that is who. I would rather them be able to reach me versus my phone being off to save some battery life lol :P.
    12-04-2017 03:07 PM
    As you said "unless it is an absolute emergency" -- that is who. I would rather them be able to reach me versus my phone being off to save some battery life lol :P.
    Pretty much... I have my phone set on Priority Only DND. But it's really not worth it for the most part, I only lose a few points overnight, and in the end those few points don't mean anything at the end of the day. So I'd rather have people able to contact me in case of an emergency.
    12-04-2017 03:53 PM
    Yup.. Can never predict those.
    12-04-2017 04:08 PM
    Well, this is getting silly! I've been surfing, text messaging, reading Tapatalk and Twitter. Fifty-four minutes of screen on time. Battery is down only 2% in a tad over 2 hours! What a beast.

Battery Life Thread-screenshot_20171206-120245.jpg
    12-06-2017 01:16 PM
    Wow at some of the battery life here. I have been getting on average, 2hr SOT everyday. Unplugged around 5/6am everyday, and by the time i get home around 8pm, it's mostly around 15% left (spotify is on almost all the time throughout and whatsapp web when i am at work). I do have to charge sometimes when it gets a bit low around 4pm if i use the phone a lot. I pretty much left everything on (location, gmail push, always on display, now playing, etc), with my screen brightness at around 30.
    12-07-2017 12:24 AM
    My Android also has a poor battery, and if I use the video, it can only last 2 hours or so. When I don't use my phone, I will turn off the WiFi
    12-07-2017 01:34 AM
    Spotify is on all the time? Surprised to see it last that long then. I use a radio app walking the dogs. Speakers take power.
    12-07-2017 02:10 AM
    My Android also has a poor battery, and if I use the video, it can only last 2 hours or so. When I don't use my phone, I will turn off the WiFi
    Try it in safe mode. Difficult to see how it could be that bad without a rogue app or defect
    12-07-2017 02:14 AM
    "My Android", lol.
    12-07-2017 03:33 AM
    Wow at some of the battery life here. I have been getting on average, 2hr SOT everyday. Unplugged around 5/6am everyday, and by the time i get home around 8pm, it's mostly around 15% left (spotify is on almost all the time throughout and whatsapp web when i am at work). I do have to charge sometimes when it gets a bit low around 4pm if i use the phone a lot. I pretty much left everything on (location, gmail push, always on display, now playing, etc), with my screen brightness at around 30.
    Why are there such polarising posts on this subject?!
    12-07-2017 03:33 AM
    Well, this is getting silly! I've been surfing, text messaging, reading Tapatalk and Twitter. Fifty-four minutes of screen on time. Battery is down only 2% in a tad over 2 hours! What a beast.
    This is what makes me excited to get the Pixel 2. On my current phone (Droid Turbo 2) I'll use it in the morning for ~20 minutes and I'm usually down to 92% before leaving the house. Usually below 90% when I get to my office chair. This battery just doesn't last anymore.
    12-07-2017 06:26 AM
    Pixel 2, auto brightness set, 60 percent left, 2.5 hours screen time, 15 1/2 hours since full charge.

Is this good bad or average?
    12-07-2017 07:04 AM
394 ... 13141516