Battery Life Thread

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Mine has also taken a hit since Friday. Don't know what happened. It was doing so well during the week. This weekend has been bad. I didn't change anything and no new apps added. Had to charge the phone twice yesterday. I've never had to do that since I started using my Pixel 2.....

I charged it up to 100% 7 hours ago and ran that Gservice fix app. I've been lightly using it and it has only dropped 7%. Weird thing I noticed is it started draining over nite last nite and I ended up with 47% system battery usage which in a day would only be may 3 or 4 percent at most. Now in the past 7 hours after running that app I show 1% system battery usage. I had something going on under the hood that was seriously draining my battery and now it seems to be gone. Only difference is running that app. I hope this is fixed. I'll know more tomorrow. Maybe give that app a shot if you haven't already. Can't hurt.

mmcclure0453

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I charged it up to 100% 7 hours ago and ran that Gservice fix app. I've been lightly using it and it has only dropped 7%. Weird thing I noticed is it started draining over nite last nite and I ended up with 47% system battery usage which in a day would only be may 3 or 4 percent at most. Now in the past 7 hours after running that app I show 1% system battery usage. I had something going on under the hood that was seriously draining my battery and now it seems to be gone. Only difference is running that app. I hope this is fixed. I'll know more tomorrow. Maybe give that app a shot if you haven't already. Can't hurt.

I loaded the Gservice fix app the last time my battery was acting up. Think I'll try it and see what happens. Thanks. My battery is not horrible but has been acting different lately. Not a big game changer but definitely want to fix it.

mmcclure0453

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
The single biggest drag on the battery is screen brightness.
Did you change brightness?

I haven't made any changes to brightness since I got the phone. Not sure what is causing the drain but it comes and goes. I have wondered if it's the Blackberry Hub app I use for email but I've used it on my Pixel and Pixel 2. Never had a problem with it before that I noticed. I really would hate to give up the Hub.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I haven't made any changes to brightness since I got the phone. Not sure what is causing the drain but it comes and goes. I have wondered if it's the Blackberry Hub app I use for email but I've used it on my Pixel and Pixel 2. Never had a problem with it before that I noticed. I really would hate to give up the Hub.

You could test by temporarily eliminating the hub.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site

Curious if your system battery usage is fluctuating as well and how much. Mine is much better today at 10% of the total battery used, although it should be a bit less I think. Yesterday it hit 47% and my battery was dropping badly all day. After running the app last nite today my battery is much better. Really weird why it would suddenly flip out so badly. No clue what that Gfix app is doing either but it does seem to help as something made a big diff for me.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
For all of those people who said battery life got worse with 8.1, are you sure it's not that your battery meter is just more accurately calibrated now? Mine doesn't stay at 100% forever anymore, but seems to drain more slowly afterwards.

Paul1266

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
For all of those people who said battery life got worse with 8.1, are you sure it's not that your battery meter is just more accurately calibrated now? Mine doesn't stay at 100% forever anymore, but seems to drain more slowly afterwards.
I am seeing the same. Overall battery life has not changed for me (still hitting the same 50% left by bed time) on the same usage pattern but the drop to 99% seems to take less time than before.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I am seeing the same. Overall battery life has not changed for me (still hitting the same 50% left by bed time) on the same usage pattern but the drop to 99% seems to take less time than before.

Awesome. I'm glad to hear someone else is experiencing the same thing!

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
If you think about it it only has to lose half a %age point to drop to 99%

Add to this the fact that 100% isn't always 100%. Once the phone reaches 100% it kind of turns on then off so if you take the phone off charge during the off charge cycle you start off a little lower.

pjo1966

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm not impressed with the battery life so far. If I don't leave it to charge overnight I would not have much to work with in the morning.

mmcclure0453

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Curious if your system battery usage is fluctuating as well and how much. Mine is much better today at 10% of the total battery used, although it should be a bit less I think. Yesterday it hit 47% and my battery was dropping badly all day. After running the app last nite today my battery is much better. Really weird why it would suddenly flip out so badly. No clue what that Gfix app is doing either but it does seem to help as something made a big diff for me.

My system use seems to hover between 6% and 10%. Highest in use is always apps. I have my screen brightness at 50% and adaptive brightness turned on. Seems to be ok today. SMH......

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
This is great for a work day. I did charge it on the way home while it navigated and played a podcast.
8cbabca2b91105617714ded39cb1d792.jpg
86b914217b41a3d441a79eed88543fa2.jpg

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
For those of us used to the Turbo2, battery life on Pixel seems disappointing. The keep screwing with the software, tho', so here's hoping they tweak it to max performance soon.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
For those of us used to the Turbo2, battery life on Pixel seems disappointing. The keep screwing with the software, tho', so here's hoping they tweak it to max performance soon.

Former Turbo1 owner here and am very pleased with the battery life on my Pixel 2 XL. Do you have a 2 XL or a 2?

I routinely have about 50% of battery life remaining after 5 hours screen on time. I have screen brightness set to 20%. Activities are browsing the internet, some gaming, TapaTalk, Twitter, etc.

My Turbo1 would max out at about 6 1/2 hours screen on time and be down around 10% battery with similar settings and activities.

Last edited:

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
It's my wife's. Here Turbo1 was singing death songs, battery was not holding half a day....she has the XL, and it'll hold for a day. She probably uses hers more than I used my T2, but she's charging at the end of the day. Definitely not enough to make it one more day like I could with my T2, tho' lately I have to charge after a day and a half. Don't know if it's starting to age or just software updates.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
It's my wife's. Here Turbo1 was singing death songs, battery was not holding half a day....she has the XL, and it'll hold for a day. She probably uses hers more than I used my T2, but she's charging at the end of the day. Definitely not enough to make it one more day like I could with my T2, tho' lately I have to charge after a day and a half. Don't know if it's starting to age or just software updates.

I'd check her setting of screen brightness on her 2 XL. She's probably got it cranked up. Have her squeeze the sides of her Pixel 2 and say "set screen to 20%", or 25% or whatever. See if the brightness decreases. You can also check the relative brightness via Settings > Display. Maybe try adaptive brightness.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I just saw that elsewhere and turned my own down on the T2. You're right, she loves it bright. I'll 'try' to splain that to her...haha.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63