Pixel 2 on AT&T vs T-Mobile vs Verizon... Questions for owners

jimmiekain

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
So... right now I have a Nexus 6p and I use it on AT&T. I hate that fact that the HD Voice and VoLTE do not work on the N6p when used on att. For these reasons and a few others, I'm considering a switch to Tmo or Vzw when / if I get the Pix2.

Can a few of you let me know what carrier you use and the following? This will help me choose what carrier to switch to or if I should stick with ATT.

1. Does HD Voice work on your carrier? (Explained: If you call someone else with the same carrier you have is it a super crisp HD phone call? Or, does it sound normal?)

2. Does VoLTE work? (Explained: When in a LTE area and not connected to wifi if you make or receive a phone call does your Pix2 data connection change to H, Ev or, does it still say LTE?

Thanks for all of your help guys.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
So... right now I have a Nexus 6p and I use it on AT&T. I hate that fact that the HD Voice and VoLTE do not work on the N6p when used on att. For these reasons and a few others, I'm considering a switch to Tmo or Vzw when / if I get the Pix2.

Can a few of you let me know what carrier you use and the following? This will help me choose what carrier to switch to or if I should stick with ATT.

1. Does HD Voice work on your carrier? (Explained: If you call someone else with the same carrier you have is it a super crisp HD phone call? Or, does it sound normal?)

2. Does VoLTE work? (Explained: When in a LTE area and not connected to wifi if you make or receive a phone call does your Pix2 data connection change to H, Ev or, does it still say LTE?

Thanks for all of your help guys.

1) HD Voice will work on T-Mobile & Verizon. It will not work on AT&T / Sprint.

2) VoLTE will work on T-Mobile & Verizon. It will not work on AT&T / Sprint.

3) An extra one I know I cheated ... WiFi calling will work on T-Mobile & Verizon. It will not work on AT&T / Sprint.

DarkNeo

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
1) HD Voice will work on T-Mobile & Verizon. It will not work on AT&T / Sprint.

2) VoLTE will work on T-Mobile & Verizon. It will not work on AT&T / Sprint.

3) An extra one I know I cheated ... WiFi calling will work on T-Mobile & Verizon. It will not work on AT&T / Sprint.
Great, nice to know I get nothing on Sprint lol

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Great, nice to know I get nothing on Sprint lol

Sprint doesn't allow it since they want their software. AT&T is the same reason... although I know AT&T could do it easily since T-Mobile does. Not sure on Sprint doing it easily. I would think so but their network is a little weird when it comes to restrictions versus others.

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone confirm if tap-to-wake and lift-to-wake work on the Pixel 2? Possibly switching over from Galaxy S8 and I love the ability to press the invisible home button when it's asleep and just check the lock screen for notifications.

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Other than the 2 issues listed, does the Pixel work well on AT&T?

My XL works okay on AT&T, except the signal is garbage. It shows 5-10 db less than my other phones with the same sim in the same location. Combined with terrible battery life and the screen issues, it is probably going back.

Damu357

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
My XL works okay on AT&T, except the signal is garbage. It shows 5-10 db less than my other phones with the same sim in the same location. Combined with terrible battery life and the screen issues, it is probably going back.
Wow, I get great signal strength on TMobile and excellent battery life, my last charge had over 8 hrs screen time and 24hrs standby time.

Cherenkov

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site

I'm seeing the opposite compared to my Samsung S7 -vs- my P2. I'm getting much better signal. I don't have the XL version, just the smaller Pixel 2.

Also, ran a speed test and I'm getting 115 down, 18 up, so speeds are solid.