Pixel 2 durability :( (bend test complaint)

Status
Not open for further replies.

e30ernest

Nov 23, 2010
www.bmwe30cc.org
Who cares. The 6P failed it also, and I still have it, and surprise surprise it's not bent in half

Yeah this.

My 6P survived falls.... my kids accidentally jumping on it on bed, and more.... IIRC, it also failed Jerry's test.

All my phones have been used with cases and a screen protector. All of my phones survived their lifetimes without breaking up. I'm not really concerned about that video.

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
I wouldn't read too much into those videos. so it's good to know where the phone would break if said person applied direct pressure to that spot on the device. but it won't deter me from getting the device at all.

nelamvr6

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Who in the world thinks this guys channel is useful?

His torture doesn't mimic any real world stuff I've ever put any of my phones through.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
My macbook's lid dented when I threw it on the ground as hard as I could once, too, and then when I burned the screen it took 22 seconds to burn which is only .003 more than my old laptop, so that's an ~utter fAiL~, oh and when I vomited on it the vomit got under the keys and into the casing so it didn't even survive my vomit test!!! FAILUREEEE. Voting with my wallet and NOT buying a new macbook!

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I mean, he barely applied any pressure to the phone and it bent in half and lost its water resistance.

The LG G5 was heavily scrutinized with its hardware weaknesses and deficiencies but everyone is willing to give a pass to Google for some reason.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
First off, he's a body builder. No one's exactly sure of his "practices" in that area, so yeah, I'd say his bend tests are skewed to say the least. I've had no issues with my 6P, and now that I've replaced the battery, it feels like new again. I'm currently at 30% with 5 hours SOT, when before I'd be lucky to get 4. No bends or scratches in sight. So I hardly consider him an expert.

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
FWIW, the Pixel 2 actually did much better on the bend test than the Nexus 6p did, yet mine (like others' above) survived two years of use without any adverse effects. As long as you don't take a razor blade to the back, or try your hardest to flex the phone it should be OK!

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
First off, he's a body builder. No one's exactly sure of his "practices" in that area, so yeah, I'd say his bend tests are skewed to say the least. I've had no issues with my 6P, and now that I've replaced the battery, it feels like new again. I'm currently at 30% with 5 hours SOT, when before I'd be lucky to get 4. No bends or scratches in sight. So I hardly consider him an expert.

Skinny jeans will do the same thing to the phone.

ronin_cse

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
His videos are pretty entertaining and I enjoy watching him go to town on the latest phone...that said they aren't all that useful apart from rare cases where he finds out if a screen is easier to scratch than it should be. Really not worried about any of this.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

If your pair of jeans can do the things in this video, you have one INCREDIBLE pair of jeans, sir. The phone breaking would be the least of your worries; your jeans might literally MURDER you. Get out of there!

But seriously, jeans are not going to do anything in this video. If you're saying you sit on the phone in your pocket of skin-tight jeans, and it will bend at that antenna point? Over time, doing it over and over, perhaps. But why are you sitting on the phone then? Stop sitting on the phone. It's not going to just snap in half the moment you trip with your phone in your pocket, and if it does, it's a fluke that could happen to me with my 6P in my pocket these past 2 years, too...but somehow I've managed not to get a single scratch or dent or ding on this thing. In fact, I've gone from a Blackberry Bold 9000 --> Motrola Atrix (original) --> Galaxy Nexus HSPA --> Nexus 5 --> LG G4 --> Blackberry Priv --> Nexus 6P ---> As of tomorrow night a Pixel 2. Over the course of age 19 to today, 28. And I have never ONCE bent a phone in half or snapped it or burned the screen or chipped away its fingerprint sensor :p

I know people can accidentally break the phone, and yeah that appears to be the "weak point" of the HW where it would give in if enough force is applied...but as usual, enough force is never going to be applied for anything in Jerry's video to take place in any normal situation in life at all. BUT FLY THE FLAGS AND THROW THE MUFFINS OUT, JERRY CAN DESTROY ANOTHER PHONE OH GODDD!

JerryRigEverything likes to do this with every phone release because it gets huge views and publicity for his channel. It's like a news channel or article; what sells? Sex and violence or just anything controversial. Okay, let's run with that then.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

No..... Just no skinny jeans won't do that at all. I had my 6P for 2 years in my back pocket, of I would say relatively tight jeans, and it never bent in half. His tests are stupid, and they in no way represent any type of real world usage.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if you all would have the same response if this were the iPhone. That bending is problematic.

Yes we would. No one just takes a razor blade to the back, or trys to burn the screen with a lighter, or attempts to bend they phone in half. Maybe your stuck in a robbery type situation, and the guy holding you up says he will leave you alone if you bend your phone as hard as you can. If it bends he gets your money if not, your screwed.....🙄🙄🙄🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.