Went through the 'Fix a pixel or nexus that won't turn on' steps. No joy.

The only sign of life is if I plug it into my PC. It detects that it's plugged into a Qualcomm gizmo, but that's it.

No screen activity. Press and hold for 30 seconds, no joy. Plugged into the new charger, my old Pixel charger for 30 mins at a pop. No lights white or red, nadda.

Maybe I should have gone for the XL, but this one is going back.
    10-19-2017 09:27 PM
    Went through the 'Fix a pixel or nexus that won't turn on' steps. No joy.

The only sign of life is if I plug it into my PC. It detects that it's plugged into a Qualcomm gizmo, but that's it.

No screen activity. Press and hold for 30 seconds, no joy. Plugged into the new charger, my old Pixel charger for 30 mins at a pop. No lights white or red, nadda.

Maybe I should have gone for the XL, but this one is going back.
    Good call
    10-19-2017 09:35 PM
    If you like the regular Pixel 2 in theory, I wouldn't be dissuaded by one bad unit. You're just as likely to get a defective 2 XL as you are to get a second defective 2, so why not stick with the one you liked better? Unless you've changed your mind, of course.
    10-19-2017 10:30 PM
    I'll contact Google in the morning. Just a bit irritated, but these things happen.
    10-20-2017 12:45 AM
    This is where Apple has Google firmly beat. Apple has physical stores.
    10-20-2017 04:10 AM
    This is where Apple has Google firmly beat. Apple has physical stores.
    Um...yeah. Because Apple stores opened in 2001 and there are currently 498 across 22 countries. Not to mention there are a gazillion more iPhones being used and manufactured.

Just imagine if Google decided to open a retail store in every state across the US and in a bunch of other countries just so they can handle walk-in transactions. It's not how they're operating right now.

Pardon me for bugging out just a bit, but the OP simply discussed how his device arrived and how he's sending it back. IMO it just seems like simple threads like this snowball into a Apple vs Google, who's better, conversation.
    10-20-2017 09:02 AM
    @Law2138 Well, it is what it is. It sucks that the OP has to return it via mail, wait, get a new one via mail, etc. @AustinTech was just making the point that if this were an apple product the OP could have a new working one in an hour or so potentially. It's important to acknowledge where the competition has better options, and this is clearly one of them. I don't any need to get into any Google-Apple back and forth either, but it underscores what can improve here.

@HeavyBombers Sorry to hear about your phone, that stinks. Hopefully your replacement arrives quickly and works well.
    10-20-2017 09:12 AM
    No advice here OP but I'm really sorry to hear that. I hope they replace it and take care of you!
    10-20-2017 01:46 PM
    I'll contact Google in the morning. Just a bit irritated, but these things happen.
    Google should take care of you. Something similar happened to me after having my Pixel XL and their support was top notch. You can read about my story at my old thread (below).

https://forums.androidcentral.com/go...ely-death.html
    Aquila likes this.
    10-20-2017 01:55 PM
    Google was right on it. I've just got to send them the EIN and my mailing address. Left the Pixel 2 at my office thinking I'd have time to deal with it today. Ha!
    Aquila likes this.
    10-20-2017 11:04 PM
    Google was right on it. I've just got to send them the EIN and my mailing address. Left the Pixel 2 at my office thinking I'd have time to deal with it today. Ha!
    Glad to hear they're taking care of you .
    10-21-2017 12:01 AM
    If you like the regular Pixel 2 in theory, I wouldn't be dissuaded by one bad unit. You're just as likely to get a defective 2 XL as you are to get a second defective 2, so why not stick with the one you liked better? Unless you've changed your mind, of course.
    This ^^
    10-21-2017 04:42 PM
    @Law2138 Well, it is what it is. It sucks that the OP has to return it via mail, wait, get a new one via mail, etc. @AustinTech was just making the point that if this were an apple product the OP could have a new working one in an hour or so potentially. It's important to acknowledge where the competition has better options, and this is clearly one of them. I don't any need to get into any Google-Apple back and forth either, but it underscores what can improve here.

@HeavyBombers Sorry to hear about your phone, that stinks. Hopefully your replacement arrives quickly and works well.
    The key word there is potentially. In my state, there is one Apple store (an authorized third party retailer) and it's 200 miles away. While living in a larger city increases the chances of having an Apple Store, I'd guess that for most of the population, those that don't live in a larger city, that mailing it in would be the better option. So unless you live in a major metro, Apple doesn't have an advantage over Google.
    Chex313 likes this.
    10-22-2017 12:17 AM
    The key word there is potentially. In my state, there is one Apple store (an authorized third party retailer) and it's 200 miles away. While living in a larger city increases the chances of having an Apple Store, I'd guess that for most of the population, those that don't live in a larger city, that mailing it in would be the better option. So unless you live in a major metro, Apple doesn't have an advantage over Google.
    Your right on !! I was thinking your not getting a new iPhone in an hour at the King of Prussia Apple Store...If your making an appointment on a SAT, I'm not so sure your getting anything til Monday day.
    The last time I was in there, it was 3 hours...Than they told me to come back the next day because the broken screen was caused by the bulging battery and the next they said . They couldn't get it done , come tomorrow.

I dislike wasting time at Apple stores as much as I dislike carrier stores, there are no geniuses in either. I would much rather wait on 2 day shipping.

Good luck to the OP sounds like a one off problem and the next one should be good. I know I am liking my XL a bunch😎
    10-22-2017 09:01 AM

Point taken but most of us dont buy our phones based on how quickly we can replace DOA phones.

Google is not going to have stores all over the place anytime soon and neither is Samsung who sells a lot more phones unless you count carrier stores.
    10-22-2017 10:33 AM
    Point taken but most of us dont buy our phones based on how quickly we can replace DOA phones.

Google is not going to have stores all over the place anytime soon and neither is Samsung who sells a lot more phones unless you count carrier stores.
    These are good points.
    10-22-2017 01:25 PM
    Replacement was to have shipped Sunday. I've no tracking to check but I imagine I'll see it in the next day or so.

Just dropped the doa unit off at FedEx.
    10-23-2017 06:35 PM
    Finally got my replacement today. They didn't ship until they received old phone, despite me telling them to go ahead and charge it. Oh well, phone running good. Colors are a bit muted, but so far so good.
    Almeuit likes this.
    10-26-2017 11:46 PM