Charging cradle?

Cherenkov

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I see a bunch of generic ones on Amazon. Having had my S7 battery swell up I’m not sure I trust a $10 desk cradle with a $1000 phone.

I miss wireless charging already.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Which one of these do you like better? I had the RND one for my Nexus 5x and liked it until two days ago when the plastic piece holding the charging port broke and now it won't stay in the dock.

I actually prefer the other one. It's not as stable as the RND one, but I like it a bit better and it looks nicer IMO.

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
This (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/265983363/sarvi-dock-a-universal-dock-for-apple-and-android ) is by far the best dock I have ever owned.... It is a Kickstarter campaign for their newest dock (I have a gen 2)... It does support quickcharging... But you'll have to wait till next year to get it... Normally, when they are gone, they are gone.

Still using last years dock and the upside, it that no matter what phone I have or get, it will always fit.... Case or no case... It will also work as a sync base.... and it sticks pretty well.... Never grabbed my phone and had the dock come unmounted... I have even moved the dock to a couple of different locations and it locks down pretty solid...

pjo1966

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Have any new cradles come out in the last two months? I'd like to get one for my nightstand but am wondering if there are any options besides the ones already mentioned here.

idiotekniques

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Have any new cradles come out in the last two months? I'd like to get one for my nightstand but am wondering if there are any options besides the ones already mentioned here.

someone posted this cradle on a different thread here https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01JK9QI7K/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=ISNW34C4JPX3E&colid=2O6FP0BUYLPGA&th=1 and I figure on getting it soon enough after I move into my new crib in a few days. They said it worked with the pixel 2 xl just dandy and quick charged it.

cgonzalez82

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Just buy a super long usb cable charging cable then you can yank the phone all you like the cable will remain in place and you can use the phone and charge at the same time.

pjo1966

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Google Pixel 2 XL Desktop Charging Dock by Encased - Type C Charger for Pixel (Case compatible) (Aluminum/Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0779F2CD...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6140363

I got this one. It gets part of the job done. It stands the phone up so I can roll over in bed and see the time. It's fast charging. I have certain action set to trigger when the phone goes on a dock. That's the only area in which it fails. The phone doesn't recognize this as a dock just that it is plugged into a charger.