anyone know how you can tell if you qualified for the free Google Home Mini?
    i ordered mine on the day they started taking orders.

and if qualified, when do you get notified that you can claim one?
    10-20-2017 06:45 AM
    if you ordered before 10/19 (which you did), you qualify. codes are sent out 4 weeks after your phone ships
    Jonneh likes this.
    10-20-2017 07:09 AM
    I got an email about 2 days after ordering that I'd get a code in about 4 weeks.
    10-21-2017 08:49 AM
    Check thru your email...you should have gotten one. Otherwise I would call and have them check your order.
    10-21-2017 09:04 AM
    Verizon didn't have the pre-order requirement. Their promotion was Trae in a device and get so much off and the mini.

But there's no way to sign up for the promotion, even customer service was stumped when I called about it.
    10-21-2017 09:25 AM
    Don't worry, they stated when you ordered that it'd be sometime within 4 weeks when your phone ships.
    I haven't received any email about it yet either (although my phone arrived yesterday)./
    10-21-2017 11:09 AM
    I got an email 1 day after placing my order for an unlocked thru Google. Will get a code for it about 4 weeks after ship date.
    10-21-2017 11:27 AM
    Check thru your email...you should have gotten one. Otherwise I would call and have them check your order.
    No email received about a home mini. Only the original order confirmation for the pixel 2
    10-21-2017 11:34 AM
    I pre-ordered one through Best Buy and one through Google. The one I pre-ordered through Best Buy sent out the Google Home Mini on the 18th and I had it on the 20th. The one I pre-ordered from Google I just got an email saying 4 weeks after it ships I'll get a code. You'd think Google would at least be matching what Best Buy is doing.
    10-21-2017 06:17 PM
    I ordered my phone thru Google on Oct 14th and received a confirmation about the mini today to keep an eye out for an email in the near future
    10-21-2017 07:08 PM
    What are your thoughts on the mini? What exactly can you do with it, and does it work well?
    10-22-2017 04:58 AM
    I pre-ordered one through Best Buy and one through Google. The one I pre-ordered through Best Buy sent out the Google Home Mini on the 18th and I had it on the 20th. The one I pre-ordered from Google I just got an email saying 4 weeks after it ships I'll get a code. You'd think Google would at least be matching what Best Buy is doing.
    I think Best Buy does their own thing to get you to buy from them. For example with the Motorolas they gave different "moto mods" than others.

With LG promotions you have to wait the 4 weeks to get a confirmation as well, presumably to keep you from returning the device and still getting the perk.
    Dylan Gorski likes this.
    10-22-2017 05:06 AM
    Waiting 4 weeks makes sense. What if someone decides to return their phone after they got the mini? Even Google say you have to return both items, it will cost them more because they already have to pay for shipping the mini to you, now to return. Unlike Best Buy, Google doesn't have a physical store, everything is shipped. Plus they can no longer sell the mini again as new. This way they only have to send the mini to those decides to keep the phone.
    10-22-2017 05:26 AM
    What are your thoughts on the mini? What exactly can you do with it, and does it work well?
    I have one and it does almost everything a Google Home can do.

It doesn't sound as good as the speaker isn't of the same quality, but the microphones work just as well. You can say it to play it with supporting music services, control your smart home, use it as an alarm, ask it a question and use it as a personal assistant.....

My wife prefers the aesthetic of the mini to the home, so we're replacing a few home's with mini's and putting one in every room.

One nice feature if you're concerned about sound quality is that you can map it's sound output to a different chromecast connected device. So when I tell the mini in the bedroom to play a song from Google Play music, it plays the song on a different, higher quality speaker I have in the room by default. Once Google Assistant support comes to SONOS, this is going to be a fantastic feature.

One other difference is that you can no longer tap the top of the Google Mini to pause it or to bring up assistant without saying the hot word, but that's a feature I've never used with my Google Home and won't miss. I'm rarely right next to it as I speak to it from across the room.

For $50 it's a great deal. For free it's an absolute steal.
    sselemanrm likes this.
    10-22-2017 11:11 AM
    Thanks for the reply. I canceled my XL order the other day, for a better deal on ebay. Not gonna have the google mini anymore, but the features sound really neat.
    10-24-2017 03:14 AM