How many have canceled pre-orders for the Pixel 2 XL?

Have you canceled your Pixel 2 XL pre-order?

• Total voters
Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I cancelled my pre-order for a Pixel 2 XL. The Pixel 2/XL have too many compromises along with hardware and software issues. I was worried about the build quality of an LG-made Pixel 2 XL and those issues came to fruition. I took up Best Buy on their $150 off of the Note 8 deal. Seeing all of the complaints about the Pixel phones makes me feel very comfortable with the choice I made.

Erica Griffin called the Pixel 2 XL display "crap"

Scottie15

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
I did the next day I place the order. I order two hours before it was announced, I got my Note 8 unlock with the stand wireless charger and 256GB sd card. I got $300 off , trade in my LG G4. Really great deal

I've got an LG G4 is great condition myself. Where did you find this deal?

selvinsosa

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I've got an LG G4 is great condition myself. Where did you find this deal?
Promotion is over now. I got it at launch date, I trade the LG G4 . Samsung give me a $300 for it . So my Note 8 was just $600 plus free wireless stand charger and a 256GB sd card.

madgalaxy

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I canceled mine... for now. I am in a holding partten until more user reviews come out. Also I am kind of digging the U11 Plus leaks and looking forward to HTC’S announcement on the 3rd.

wxman2003

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I didn't technically cancel my order, but I did go to Verizon and was not very impressed by the screen. Pretty poor for an OLED screen. Decided not to upgrade to the XL.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Nope , I haven't cancelled.It will be a month before mine ships.

I have no plans to cancel it btw.

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I didn't technically cancel my order, but I did go to Verizon and was not very impressed by the screen. Pretty poor for an OLED screen. Decided not to upgrade to the XL.

I had that same experience except that the Pixel 2 XL front facing speakers also crackled at high volumes. It didn't make a good first impression.

razortaz18

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
The day the new Pixels were announced I promptly preordered and sold my Note 8 on Swappa. I was so excited to get my Pixel 2 XL. Then late last week I stopped by a Verizon to check out the new Pixels. Within 5 minutes I was bored with the devices. Upon leaving I ordered another Note 8 and couldn't be happier typing on it now.

Scottie15

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Yes you still can do it. But there is no more free stuff. Just the discount for trading a phone.

Yea, charger for $45. Still discounted.

Man, should I cancel my pre-order for the 2 XL? Want that stock Android experience, but $300 for a G4 is nuts considering how old the phone is.

memillh

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
The day the new Pixels were announced I promptly preordered and sold my Note 8 on Swappa. I was so excited to get my Pixel 2 XL. Then late last week I stopped by a Verizon to check out the new Pixels. Within 5 minutes I was bored with the devices. Upon leaving I ordered another Note 8 and couldn't be happier typing on it now.

I preordered the 2 XL directly from the Google Store. I also stopped by a Verizon store and played with it a bit. Screen looked ok, but I basically felt the same. Meh? It was snappy and quick, but I couldn't justify the pricetag with the Note 8 out there (I'm coming from the first XL). I ordered a new N8 off eBay for just over $700 - and cancelled the my 2 XL preorder this morning. I'll keep an eye on real-world reviews and will let the price come down to its feature value - and will revisit at a later date.

Dm0nk

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
I am cancelling my order for the panda , after watching jerryrigseverything durability test on the pixel it really put me off the build quality doesn't match the price tag, plus I won't get mine until 11/27 by then there will be some blackfriday sales , but most likely I'm going to get the Note 8

anon(8547461)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Nope, counting down the days until I get mine. Time to move on from my iPhone, and after two frustrating days with Touch Wiz on a Note 8 I’m ready for stock Android and that camera.

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I did cancel my panda order and will just stick with the pixel 2 as the 2xl doesn't have enough differences to justify the +$200 in higher cost. Everything under the hood is the same. Only differences is the design aesthetics and higher screen resolution.

trimfast

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I cancelled. My 6p was dying and didn't want to wait for the panda with all the display concerns. Wound up getting a new Pixel XL off Swappa instead for much cheaper. Happy with the decision. I'll spend the difference elsewhere.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon