04-01-2018 04:06 PM
52 123
tools
    No need to reboot it works fine ,but I did man this phone restarts quick both are still there doesn't bother me works fine https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f337e5fe57.jpg
    Hmm ok thanks. I'll give it some more time. Not sure what's going on.
    10-27-2017 01:00 PM
    No need to reboot it works fine ,but I did man this phone restarts quick both are still there doesn't bother me works fine https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f337e5fe57.jpg
    Yup, that's the fix. Don't delete anything, a reboot will bring back what was deleted and then MMS is broken again. Leave the top one selected, add port 80 for the MMS port and proxy.aiowireless.net in the MMS proxy, they are missing. I also kept hitting the top right 3 dots and hitting save. That seemed to add a 3rd apn after a reboot breaking it all again. This last time I didn't hit save, just backed out. Now the settings stay, no 3rd apn created after reboot, and it stays working! Thanks for the help.
    10-27-2017 11:59 PM
    Yup, that's the fix. Don't delete anything, a reboot will bring back what was deleted and then MMS is broken again. Leave the top one selected, add port 80 for the MMS port and proxy.aiowireless.net in the MMS proxy, they are missing. I also kept hitting the top right 3 dots and hitting save. That seemed to add a 3rd apn after a reboot breaking it all again. This last time I didn't hit save, just backed out. Now the settings stay, no 3rd apn created after reboot, and it stays working! Thanks for the help.
    Sure ,glad it worked out thought I was doing it the hard way with manual entry but it worked, when I first installed the sim card I got a notification I dismissed ,now I think if I would of clicked on that it would of auto installed then again maybe​ not, but manual entry works.
    10-28-2017 08:20 AM
    I only have one apn set up and reboot doesn't bring them back.
    10-28-2017 01:13 PM
    That's odd wonder why were seeing differences , I was unable to delete the one not being used.
    10-28-2017 01:18 PM

This also worked for me! Thank you so much!!!
    11-01-2017 09:24 AM
    Yup, that's the fix. Don't delete anything, a reboot will bring back what was deleted and then MMS is broken again.
    WOW, I had to read this a second time to get it.
    I was trying to add a new APN and put in all the info, but it wouldn't go.
    I then gave up on the forum here and used Google's support through the phone where we chatted and even did a screen share. They couldn't get it so asked me to send a bug report, which I did. (This was yesterday)
    On a whim I did another Google search and ended up here again, but this time I read every post on page 2 very carefully and realized that I should have been editing the top one, not manually adding a new one! I deleted the one I created and just edited the MMS port and proxy and BAM. Works great!
    Thank you so much.

I REALLY love this phone and no MMS was really irritating so I'm glad I only noticed it for 2 days. (I've had the phone activated since Friday, but I use Hangouts quite a bit so didn't notice the MMS issues right away..)

Thanks a million.
    I actually created an account on androidcentral just to say thank you!
    Almeuit likes this.
    11-14-2017 09:35 PM
    WOW, I had to read this a second time to get it.
    I was trying to add a new APN and put in all the info, but it wouldn't go.
    I then gave up on the forum here and used Google's support through the phone where we chatted and even did a screen share. They couldn't get it so asked me to send a bug report, which I did. (This was yesterday)
    On a whim I did another Google search and ended up here again, but this time I read every post on page 2 very carefully and realized that I should have been editing the top one, not manually adding a new one! I deleted the one I created and just edited the MMS port and proxy and BAM. Works great!
    Thank you so much.

I REALLY love this phone and no MMS was really irritating so I'm glad I only noticed it for 2 days. (I've had the phone activated since Friday, but I use Hangouts quite a bit so didn't notice the MMS issues right away..)

Thanks a million.
    I actually created an account on androidcentral just to say thank you!
    Glad it worked out for you.
    11-14-2017 09:41 PM
    Thanks everyone, I have been having issues but as soon as I removed the second APN my messages started flowing. Also remember to make sure the one left is set up correctly per Cricket 😀
    11-18-2017 05:39 PM
    Thanks everyone, I have been having issues but as soon as I removed the second APN my messages started flowing. Also remember to make sure the one left is set up correctly per Cricket
    When I removed the second apn, a reboot added another apn and then my mms was broken again. I had to leave both apns in but edit the upper one (without saving, just hit the back button) and then after a reboot all is still good.
    Ca_lvn likes this.
    11-18-2017 06:09 PM
    Yes, but I haven’t found anyone else with pixel 2 /w cricket wireless.
    I'm a Pixel2/Cricket user. The MMS problem seems to be solved by deleting the unused APN, and then making sure your settings match those on the Cricket webpage that others have linked to. You'll find some links to pages indicated the MMSC and proxy settings contain "cricketwireless", instead of "aiowireless". I am sure that the correct setting is aiowireless.

Again - make sure you delete the APN(s) without the dot, so that only 1 remains, and then make sure those settings match the Cricket webpage: https://www.cricketwireless.com/supp...n-android.html
    11-25-2017 09:50 PM
    I've got the same problem, only with the original pixel. I also have two APNs showing with the first having some data missing. Unfortunately none of these suggested Solutions have worked for me. I am using Textra but have also tried the stock app.
    12-10-2017 09:51 PM
    I've got the same problem, only with the original pixel. I also have two APNs showing with the first having some data missing. Unfortunately none of these suggested Solutions have worked for me. I am using Textra but have also tried the stock app.
    Reboot and modify the top apn number with correct apn settings.
    JoshuaStranger likes this.
    12-10-2017 10:34 PM
    Reboot and modify the top apn number with correct apn settings.
    Thanks. As I said, "Unfortunately none of these suggested Solutions have worked for me."

I've tried that particular one 3 times.

Update!! Ok this probably did fix mine. In looking at other settings earlier I had changed (in Textra) mms size limit too high (apparently) for cricket. After implementing the above fixe AND changing the mms size limit to 1mb it started working.
    12-10-2017 11:00 PM
    I just got a Pixel 2 and this thread was super helpful. Thank you all!
    Ca_lvn likes this.
    12-18-2017 10:14 PM
    I just got a Pixel 2 and this thread was super helpful. Thank you all!
    You’ll love pixel 2! Amazing camera!
    libra89 likes this.
    12-20-2017 11:32 AM
    You’ll love pixel 2! Amazing camera!
    Yeah I agree that the camera is great.
    krazyatom likes this.
    12-20-2017 12:30 PM
    Thanks, updating the APN settings as per the cricket link, deleting the other 2 APNs and rebooting worked for me.
    libra89 and Ca_lvn like this.
    12-20-2017 05:48 PM
    I originally had my Pixel 2 on Verizon's network for about a month before switching over to Cricket. I think I may have seen a verification to install the APN but I'm doubting it. At any rate, I'm glad my experience is similar to others here. I thought I missed the only opportunity in getting the APN set right. But then I found the fix on the Cricket website after having talked to CS. They were not very knowledgeable yet I attempted to fill the CS in after my find; like getting the same CS would ever happen.

So what I want to add to this thread is, so far changing/updating/deleting/rebooting APN info appears to work. Problem is, not for very long. At this point, I am using two custom named APN's; one AT&T proxy and the other is Cricket's. If I get another that auto installs, I'm planning to leave it installed and just switch back to the AT&T one I'm currently testing, or just toggle between the two.

On another note, my daughter who has a Cricket (LG) phone also has this issue. So this is definitely not just a Pixel 2 issue

One thing we have discovered is that Cricket hasn't done as much homework others here have done!
    krazyatom likes this.
    12-28-2017 05:53 PM
    Had this exact same issue. Glad I found your post! Thanks, this worked perfect!! So glad I didn't have to work with Cricket support. They absolutely suck. The last guy (in store) that I worked with, literally told me "I'm sorry for you honey." and didn't offer any additional help or even to escalate the issue. Thank you thank you!!!
    01-13-2018 08:57 AM
    Had this exact same issue. Glad I found your post! Thanks, this worked perfect!! So glad I didn't have to work with Cricket support. They absolutely suck. The last guy (in store) that I worked with, literally told me "I'm sorry for you honey." and didn't offer any additional help or even to escalate the issue. Thank you thank you!!!
    01-13-2018 09:00 AM
    I find I have to delete the extra APN every couple of months.
    01-15-2018 08:24 AM
    A reboot will bring back the bad APN settings. Google has fixed the issue which will be coming in a future update. https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/68728868
    02-20-2018 11:41 AM
    02-24-2018 11:25 AM
    Just want to say thank you. A couple moths later and this just worked for me too! I didn't delete any of the two APNs I had, just edited the proxy and port setting in the first APN and I received the mms messages I've been trying to download all morning before I even got out of Settings!
    03-02-2018 01:27 PM
52 123