Galaxy Note 10 Deal: BOGO at Verizon!
    Hey guys, new google pixel 2 owner and i'm pumped. I love it so far, the only thing I don't like and thats really driving me nuts, anytime someone sends me a text message thats long it breaks it up into multiple texts. It's honestly more annoying that I thought and I don't know if I can handle it. I've searched every where to increase incoming text size and such but I'm not finding anything. Could any one help me out I'd greatly appreciate it!

Robbie
    10-20-2017 12:49 PM
    Which carrier are you on?
    10-20-2017 12:52 PM
    Verizon, I called them and they told me it was an Android thing and couldn't assist me.
    10-20-2017 12:54 PM
    Hey guys, new google pixel 2 owner and i'm pumped. I love it so far, the only thing I don't like and thats really driving me nuts, anytime someone sends me a text message thats long it breaks it up into multiple texts. It's honestly more annoying that I thought and I don't know if I can handle it. I've searched every where to increase incoming text size and such but I'm not finding anything. Could any one help me out I'd greatly appreciate it!

Robbie
    I use textra for text. It gives you an option to not split it.
    Attached Thumbnails Long Texts broken up when received...HELP.-194.jpg  
    10-20-2017 12:54 PM
    This is a know issue when someone on AT&T (not sure about other carriers) using an iPhone texts someone on Verizon using an Android. I know this because nothing changed with my daughter's texts until she moved from using an iPhone on Verizon to using it on Cricket (owned by AT&T). I get the same thing from other iPhones on AT&T that get sent to me. Drives me crazy because they can also be out of order and it's like a puzzle figuring out what the message is.
    10-20-2017 01:15 PM
    So I tried that, with those settings on Textra and I'm getting the same thing :/
    10-20-2017 01:39 PM
    Sorry. Not sure why then. It could be an iPhone to android thing. Part of the reason why I hate ios and Imessage. I mostly use whatsapp for texting now so I don't run into that problem very often.
    10-20-2017 01:45 PM
    This is a know issue when someone on AT&T (not sure about other carriers) using an iPhone texts someone on Verizon using an Android. I know this because nothing changed with my daughter's texts until she moved from using an iPhone on Verizon to using it on Cricket (owned by AT&T). I get the same thing from other iPhones on AT&T that get sent to me. Drives me crazy because they can also be out of order and it's like a puzzle figuring out what the message is.
    Yup. This every time.
    10-20-2017 01:47 PM
    I'm guessing you come from an iPhone? It is indeed an Android thing. I think it can still happen on iPhones but not when using iMessage.
    10-20-2017 02:12 PM
    I use textra on my S8+. Have never had that happen from anyone I text with.
    10-20-2017 02:40 PM
    it's a carrier issue. Sprint breaks up anything over 140 characters into 80 characters unless an image is attached. then it creates an MMS and sends as one text. outgoing and incoming.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-20-2017 04:57 PM
    incidentally, texting to Google voice from anywhere keeps the text in tact so the issue can be overcome with software... like several have mentioned. I hate that I have to use an app to correct this.
    10-20-2017 04:59 PM
    I have had this problem before, and it is annoying. Esp since, like someone said, they can come in or if order making out a puzzle to read correctly. The issue could also when from an iPhone on att to Android on Verizon as mentioned. It could also be the senders fault. I've seen a lot of messaging apps with the option to break up long texts, so try checking with whoever u are having the issue with.
    10-21-2017 04:47 AM
    I have AT&T and my significant other has Verizon and an iPhone and this was an issue on my old Android before I got an iPhone and it's an issue again now that I'm back on Android.

Pretty sure it's just how iPhone handles SMS messages; maybe a bit on the carrier side. I'd mostly lay the blame on Apple though. I've been fighting for two days to decouple from iMessage and despite following all the 'rules' I'm still have texting issues 😑
    10-21-2017 08:18 AM