I am hoping I can solicit a graphics guru out there to help me out.

Despite being what I thought would be an obvious case design, I have not found a single case maker designing a case that perfectly replicates the white/black panda model. I do not want a clear case as the bubble effect doesn't look good to me. I know I can go the skin route, but there are times I just need more protection. So, I figure the best solution would be to design a P2XL Google Live Case.

I have spent the last couple of hours giving it my best attempt, but based on the 3D Preview of what I created, I can't seem to get it right.

I know I'm new here, and I am patiently waiting for my Nov 20 P2XL panda, but if anyone out there can put together a JPG that I can upload to Google that matches the panda colorway (ie., white with only the black visor/glass), I would be very appreciative.

Thank you
    10-20-2017 01:58 PM
    I tried making a case of my Nexus 6 long ago that was an image of the phone itself with a custom black border to wrap around the edges. When I did it, Google said the photo was copyrighted. Perhaps a simple black bar across the top only and not a complete image of a real panda layout would work best.
    10-22-2017 09:13 AM
    I tried making a case of my Nexus 6 long ago that was an image of the phone itself with a custom black border to wrap around the edges. When I did it, Google said the photo was copyrighted. Perhaps a simple black bar across the top only and not a complete image of a real panda layout would work best.
    This had me thinking how amusing it would be to have a skin to make the back look like the iPhone X front...
    10-23-2017 11:28 AM
    I made 2 images...one is solid black and other has the fake glass shadows from an image I used. The cases are a bit goofy because if you scale it too big, the image starts to warp and look rounded on the top corners. Best placement I found is attached....let me know if anyone tries it with these images.

P.S. I am not responsible if it looks bad :-P Just trying to help.

Google Live Case Request - Panda Colorway-screenshot_20171023-150629.jpg
    Google Live Case Request - Panda Colorway-pixelxl2-panda-livecase-shadows2.jpg
    Google Live Case Request - Panda Colorway-pixelxl2-panda-livecase-solid2.jpg
    10-23-2017 02:31 PM
    Nice... I'll load these up later today and see how it looks. Thanks!
    10-24-2017 08:06 AM
    I just ordered myself this, not quite the same as even with photoshop the edges try to curve up when you upload the black part, and it's hard to position to get the identical look as the handset, but just the simple black and white one I ordered will still look pretty nice I think.
    12-15-2017 06:41 PM
    Finally, all the way from China via Dubai and across Europe it's here... Feels decent quality, fits 100% with no areas that are hard to push the phone into or any that don't hold the phone securely. Feels good in the hand and is very light weight.
    12-28-2017 11:42 AM
    As an update I've actually returned the case. It's not how I designed it in terms of positioning and the sides are grey rather than black at the top for some reason.

The case itself is decent and I'd recommend it, just maybe not for this design.
    12-31-2017 07:14 AM