I've read on multiple sites that keeping the battery at 40-80 is optimal. Is this true? Since this is a new phone and I'm going to be using it longer than my other phones, I'm trying to keep the battery life as long as possible. Any tips on how to prolong the battery life?
    10-20-2017 11:05 PM
    The general rule of thumb is to recharge the phone once it gets down to about 30-40%. Frequent deep discharges to the single digits are not good for the overall battery lifespan, so avoid those (although an occasional drain won't kill the battery outright). Many battery authorities do suggest that lithium batteries do better if you stop charging at around 80%, but from a real world perspective, this is tough to achieve (since most people charge overnight), and it's not very practical either (since that means you'd be charging fairly frequently and for short periods of time). So the main thing to remember is to avoid deep discharges.

Battery University is an excellent resource: Basic to Advanced Battery Information from Battery University
    asianfu and Wiley_11 like this.
    10-21-2017 02:40 AM
    I have never paid attention to battery maintenance....In 3 years I'll replace the phone...26 years of phones..none of them ever got replaced because of battery. N4, N5 had bad battery life to start with but turned off in a drawer they still Boot and work fine.

I have kept my N6 on charge all day in a vehicle for almost 3 years now... The battery still lasts most of the day. I do not see any difference since the day I bought it.

This XL tho has monster battery compared to the N6 . 90 minutes of GPS and streaming Pandora in the car and it only used 13% .
    asianfu and Wiley_11 like this.
    10-21-2017 03:24 AM