Pixel 2 xl screen flash

shamdawg

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes when I turn off the screen using the power button the screen will turn completely white for a split second flashing me before the always on display comes on. Is anyone else having this issue? I'm going to erase and set everything up again to see if it continues. Other than that I am really enjoying this phone.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm going to erase and set everything up again to see if it continues. Other than that I am really enjoying this phone.
Probably a good idea, but, no, I haven't seen that.

I have noticed other little quirks, tho, like Trusted Locations not working half the time and unresponsive USB Configuration options. I'm also planning on factory resetting if those quirks don't disappear after our first update.

shamdawg

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
So I reset the phone and it was still happening. Called Google support and let them know. The rep asked for the IMEI and when I gave it to him he said his computer was showing it was bought from a "retail store". He wasn't really able to explain more than that. I had to send him a screenshot of the confirmation email they sent when I bought it from the Google store. He said they will email or call within 24 to 48 hours and I will be getting a new phone. While he was nice I am a little worried that they weren't 100% sure I bought it from them.

CaribGirl23

Oct 23, 2017
Visit site
This is happening to me as well. Intermittently. I'm also getting the Bluetooth crashed message periodically. Would love to know how everyone else is fixing this problem, but might wait a few days to see what else comes of the burn-in fix. This is only Day 4 for me.

shamdawg

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
This is happening to me as well. Intermittently. I'm also getting the Bluetooth crashed message periodically. Would love to know how everyone else is fixing this problem, but might wait a few days to see what else comes of the burn-in fix. This is only Day 4 for me.

I called Google support and they are sending me a new one.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
This *just* started happening to me and I am pretty darned pissed about it!

I don't know if it means anything (probably does) but it *never* happened until I downloaded Nova Launcher because I wanted to test something for another thread. Now, even with Pixel launcher re-enabled, Nova uninstalled, and two reboots - it's still doing it!

I noticed one thing which may be important:

With AOD enabled, the flash comes after hitting the power button to turn off, in between the phone going off and the AOD coming on.

However, with AOD disabled, the flash does not happen on power off. Instead, it happens in the moment after my fingerprint is recognized and before the rest of the display comes to life.

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
It's interesting. I was having this issue last week almost every time I locked the phone, but it seems to have stopped on its own somehow. Haven't seen it happen in past 3 days.

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
FWIW something similar happens occasionally when I WAKE my N6P - quick white flash before normal screen appearance. Other difference is there's no diagonal line to the flash (as seen in the video @4 above). Didn't start until I was well out of warranty. Started before Oreo and continues after. Factory reset no help. Assume it's a hardware issue.