Whenever I use the fingerprint scanner, it takes the screen about 2 seconds to wake up. If I reboot the phone it works fine for a while, then slows down again... Any ideas?
    10-21-2017 11:31 AM
    I may not be much help considering I am using the smaller model, and mine's not exhibiting this behavior, BUT out of curiosity, did you restore/transfer data to the pixel 2XL, or "set up as new"? I did a set up as new if it helps.

And I assume none of the apps you have installed touch or affect the fingerprint sensor in anyway?

Oh, and in the settings for gestures, did you turn on "swipe fingerprint sensor to lower notification panel"? Just curious if that is having an ill effect.

And failing all of that, have you tried re-doing your fingerprint?
    aximtreo likes this.
    10-21-2017 12:52 PM
    I may not be much help considering I am using the smaller model, and mine's not exhibiting this behavior, BUT out of curiosity, did you restore/transfer data to the pixel 2XL, or "set up as new"? I did a set up as new if it helps.

And I assume none of the apps you have installed touch or affect the fingerprint sensor in anyway?

Oh, and in the settings for gestures, did you turn on "swipe fingerprint sensor to lower notification panel"? Just curious if that is having an ill effect.

And failing all of that, have you tried re-doing your fingerprint?
    Coming from 7 Plus, so set up as new No transfer of anything. No apps that should effect the sensor, and turned the swipe for notifications to off...

I'd have to assume it's some app that's causing it, might have to start eliminating them one-by-one, but that's going to be painful.
    10-21-2017 01:18 PM
    Coming from 7 Plus, so set up as new No transfer of anything. No apps that should effect the sensor, and turned the swipe for notifications to off...

I'd have to assume it's some app that's causing it, might have to start eliminating them one-by-one, but that's going to be painful.
    Ugh, that's a pain...especially on a brand new device. Weird to already have an issue.
    Since it's so new, you could just quickly factory reset again. Surely it won't still have the odd issue after that unless there's a physical h/w problem with your sensor.

But, try re-enrolling your fingerprints first. It'd be a much quicker fix if it works.
    10-21-2017 04:08 PM
    OK, fortunately found the culprit - one of my credit card apps, after timing you out because you weren't using it, would start causing it. As soon as I quit the app it fixed the issue. Verified twice...

I just finished setting everything up just the way I wanted, really wasn't looking to a reset
    Jonneh and ihbsbA like this.
    10-21-2017 06:00 PM
    OK, fortunately found the culprit - one of my credit card apps, after timing you out because you weren't using it, would start causing it. As soon as I quit the app it fixed the issue. Verified twice...

I just finished setting everything up just the way I wanted, really wasn't looking to a reset
    Which app? I want to see if I have it.
    10-21-2017 06:22 PM
    Haven't had this. Been lightning fast.
    10-21-2017 07:12 PM
    Which app? I want to see if I have it.
    Barclays... My wife said it's Apple screwing with me for switching back to Android.
    dct3416 likes this.
    10-21-2017 09:29 PM