Pixel 2 XL initial impressions!

nelamvr6

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
The receiver just gets a blank square on their Google Photos shared tab. Only happens with pictures I share from the Pixel.

I have been able to successfully share a few pictures with friends from within Google Photos. I don't think this is systemic, maybe something specific to your phone. I'm sure that doesn't make you feel better...

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
It weighs more than the Note 5 by a few grams. Do you not consider your Note 5 quality based on weight?

171g vs 175g

That's the first thing I thought when I read his post.

Flag one, he picked up a tethered phone, and checked the weight. It's heavy with that tether.

Flag two, it feels light, again, with that tether, how would you know.

Flag three, "premium feel" post, saying it's light, when the Note 5, his current is lighter.

Conclusion: This opinion is to be taken in the light of a person who wasn't going to like the phone, no matter what.

TennisGuy45

Sep 20, 2017
Visit site
I went to a Verizon store and looked at the Pixel 2 and Xl yesterday.

IMO they are way overhyped. Honestly they felt cheap and the display was hyper annoying on the XL.

On the XL you had to hold it just right otherwise the blue tint was terrible. Now I am reading of "burn in" issues as well.

Google screwed the pooch big time.

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
TL; DR
"Note 5 camera better than Pixel 2 XL in portrait camera mode."

Can someone please explain this?
I did a side by side comparison with my Pixel and the Pixel 2 camera is way better.
I had the Note 5, S7, S7 edge and S8 and the original Pixel blows all of them away.
To top that the Pixel 2 camera is better than the original Pixel.
What gives?

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
TL; DR
"Note 5 camera better than Pixel 2 XL in portrait camera mode."

Can someone please explain this?
I did a side by side comparison with my Pixel and the Pixel 2 camera is way better.
I had the Note 5, S7, S7 edge and S8 and the original Pixel blows all of them away.
To top that the Pixel 2 camera is better than the original Pixel.
What gives?

What gives is, don't read too much into forum posts, particularly from someone with 1 post ever :) . I too had the Note 5, Note 7, and OG Pixel (awaiting my 2 XL), and the Pixel has been the best in most cases . I'm not gonna say the "blows away" line, because that is overused and mostly false, they are all good smartphone cameras in this list.

Anyway, you are right. Trust your own eyes as opposed to someone's forum post ..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz