10-23-2017 11:56 PM
41 12
tools
    I went into a Verizon store on Fri to check out the pixel 2 and xl, they had none on display so he brought one out from the back, I told him when he got back that I didn't want to waste his time that I'm on Sprint and I have way to many phones on my account to even think about switching, the conversation turned into a slight argument about him and his co-workers telling me that the pixel 2 would not work on sprint, I said to all three workers that were surrounding me that not only does the first and second gen pixels work on sprint and every other carrier out there but I could also buy on the spot the pixel 2 and pixel 1 bring home and have both up and running on sprint in about 10 min. They still tried to argue it wouldn't and as I turned away I told the other two to do there research and stop telling customers that come in here from other carriers that Google phones won't work on there chosen carrier. It's just frustrating that no matter which phone store I go into I always no more than the person trying to help me. DO YOUR RESEARCH AND KNOW YOUR JOB!!!!
    10-22-2017 07:25 AM
    *know
    aximtreo likes this.
    10-22-2017 07:34 AM
    *know
    Know*
    10-22-2017 08:04 AM
    That must have been googles mistake!!
    Chex313 likes this.
    10-22-2017 08:09 AM
    I consider myself kind of knowledgable in technology, football, and music. other than that there is nothing in my brain. its amazing how mis informed Verizon employees are to the point of it being infuriating, especially when you know the products better then them and end up educating them. Poor management on their part for no education. If I were you i would have bought one on the spot, popped your sprint sim in and called your significant other and then return the phone right after the call to prove your point =]
    Chex313, aximtreo and Jonneh like this.
    10-22-2017 09:05 AM
    I only go in a Carrier store when I have to get a sim...I cut my N5 (2 years)sim down to fit my N6(2years), and I trimmed it a tad more to squeeze it in the XL.

That should get me 2 to 3 more years.
    I don't want to retell the horror story of the 2 stores I went to when last I needed a sim that worked in a one+. I found one normal employee with a Samsung who got me one that worked...The others couldn't understand why I would risk fiddling with Sims myself...None of them understood that you could buy a phone without a sim...

20 zombie employees saying....Here buy an iPhone....Here buy an iPhone ...Here buy an iPhone.....

This was an At&t store...but they are all the same. The employees do not seem like normal people.
    aximtreo and Jonneh like this.
    10-22-2017 09:12 AM
    There's a reason im on Cricket besides money saved
    aximtreo and StayClassy101 like this.
    10-22-2017 10:00 AM
    They don't have a clue about anything!!!
    jlarkins08 likes this.
    10-22-2017 10:05 AM
    The guy at Verizon tried to sell me a wireless charger for the Pixel 2.
    Chex313, Jonneh, kirksucks and 1 others like this.
    10-22-2017 11:34 AM
    I had a guy at T-Mobile tell me that the LG V30's display was the best display available on a smartphone. And the Note 8 was sitting on the next shelf over. I figured LG had finally learned something about incentivizing a carrier store's front line.
    Chex313 likes this.
    10-22-2017 11:56 AM
    That's why I never want to hear what the reps have to say about a phone
    Chex313 likes this.
    10-22-2017 12:11 PM
    ROFL😂
    10-22-2017 12:24 PM
    I've occasionally spoken to sales reps who know the gear and acknowledge that people have different preferences (rather than just pushing you to whatever is offering the store the best sales incentives that week). It is a joy when that happens. As I'm not American I do not know whether this ever happens in Verizon stores.

At the other extreme I was once told by a sales rep in the UK that Vodafone used GSM while Cellnet (these days called O2) used their own technology. I knew that GSM was the only digital cellular technology licensed for public use at the time, so questioned him on this. He stuck adamantly to his position, which I assume was based Vodafone putting the acronym GSM on their marketing material and Cellnet not doing so. It did not win him the sale.
    Jonneh likes this.
    10-22-2017 12:25 PM
    Finding a knowledgeable salesperson at a phone store is the same as finding a knowledgeable salesperson at a car dealer. They barely know enough to manage the uninformed when it comes to product details.
    Jonneh likes this.
    10-22-2017 12:33 PM
    I went into a Verizon store on Fri to check out the pixel 2 and xl, they had none on display so he brought one out from the back, I told him when he got back that I didn't want to waste his time that I'm on Sprint and I have way to many phones on my account to even think about switching, the conversation turned into a slight argument about him and his co-workers telling me that the pixel 2 would not work on sprint, I said to all three workers that were surrounding me that not only does the first and second gen pixels work on sprint and every other carrier out there but I could also buy on the spot the pixel 2 and pixel 1 bring home and have both up and running on sprint in about 10 min. They still tried to argue it wouldn't and as I turned away I told the other two to do there research and stop telling customers that come in here from other carriers that Google phones won't work on there chosen carrier. It's just frustrating that no matter which phone store I go into I always no more than the person trying to help me. DO YOUR RESEARCH AND KNOW YOUR JOB!!!!
    I mean. It's their job to sell you services at Verizon. That is literally where ALL of their commission comes from, not selling phones. Did you honestly think they would admit you could buy their 'exclusive' handset and take it to any other carrier?
    Ry, rbernard80 and jlarkins08 like this.
    10-22-2017 01:02 PM
    Yeah I don't trust any reps really.. at all. I would rather Google something if I don't know then ask them.
    Morty2264 and segujer like this.
    10-22-2017 01:09 PM
    There job is to sell you on Verizon. To expect them to openly tell you its ok to buy here and use it on sprint is a bit naive IMO.
    Carraser23, bhatech and rbernard80 like this.
    10-22-2017 02:30 PM
    I mean. It's their job to sell you services at Verizon. That is literally where ALL of their commission comes from, not selling phones. Did you honestly think they would admit you could buy their 'exclusive' handset and take it to any other carrier?
    But Veruca Salt wants it, Daddy. She wants it NOW!
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-22-2017 04:17 PM
    I've worked in the cell phone retail side of things before (Verizon). Not everyone is that ignorant when it comes to technology, luckily I did my research and knew what I was talking about. In their defense, it's a tough and stressful job, and they are pressured to sell anything and everything or else get micromanaged and written up. Also, maybe be mad at management for not keeping employees up to speed on the specifics of the phone. From what I remember, all they cared about was new lines and selling accessories.
    10-22-2017 05:31 PM
    I've worked in the cell phone retail side of things before (Verizon). Not everyone is that ignorant when it comes to technology, luckily I did my research and knew what I was talking about. In their defense, it's a tough and stressful job, and they are pressured to sell anything and everything "or else" (write ups, termination). Also, maybe be mad at management for not keeping employees up to speed on the specifics of the phone. From what I remember, all they cared about was new lines and selling accessories.
    10-22-2017 05:33 PM
    It's unfortunate when you feel that you are more educated than the sales reps... I've been in this position before, as well. I'm sorry this happened to you, OP.
    10-22-2017 05:44 PM
    I'm no fan of carriers but you really expect the Verizon store telling you a phone that you buy from them will work on any carrier? I mean irrespective of whether the sales rep knows anything about these kind of stuff or not but not sure you will have carrier reps telling yeah the phone that we sell will work on any carrier.
    rbernard80 likes this.
    10-22-2017 05:56 PM
    This has been the case with any carrier that sold any new Google/Nexus release.
    Verizon is the OG of Nexus ignorance and ineptitude for sure, going back to the fuster cluck that was the Galaxy Nexus, but other carriers have been equally inept with these devices in stores.
    10-22-2017 06:11 PM
    Went into a corporate VZW store a few years ago and I mentioned CDMA and they were completely lost. I know it's just a job for most everyone there, but study up a little, take some pride and be knowledgeable about your job. Though it's not only VZW, Best buy phone people are the same.
    10-22-2017 09:15 PM
    Went into a corporate VZW store a few years ago and I mentioned CDMA and they were completely lost. I know it's just a job for most everyone there, but study up a little, take some pride and be knowledgeable about your job. Though it's not only VZW, Best buy phone people are the same.
    Internally at the retail level most carriers don't use the technical terms for things like CDMA or EVDO. They use 2G or 3G. They have no reason to be using terms like that because they should never be using them with customers.
    10-22-2017 11:40 PM
41 12