Gmail, Textra, Yahoo email - nada, no notification light but I do get the sound notification. I thought i looked at all setting but I must be missing something. I do not have the AOD always on
    10-22-2017 01:06 PM
    Did you already enable it in the phone settings?
    Is this a Pixel 2, or the 2XL?
    We're having issues on the smaller version, at least (not sure if it's affecting the larger one). It only sometimes seems to light up.
    10-22-2017 01:22 PM
    Enable it. Off by default.
    Attached Thumbnails Missing notification light?  How to enble?-3512.jpg  
    AnnDroid and modifier like this.
    10-22-2017 01:26 PM
    Kind of an odd choice to have that off by default.
    modifier likes this.
    10-22-2017 02:52 PM
    FYI... similar thread already running:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/go...t-working.html

Cheers
    10-22-2017 03:01 PM
    I knew it was something simple, thank you. Now, what are notification dots? Nevermind, I'll Google it
    10-22-2017 03:51 PM
    Kind of an odd choice to have that off by default.
    First pixel XL was off by default too
    10-22-2017 03:53 PM
    turn on blink. Still no light notification from a missed phone call, Gmail, or Yahoo email that came in
    10-22-2017 05:17 PM
    turn on blink. Still no light notification from a missed phone call, Gmail, or Yahoo email that came in
    I haven't tested it but some say that blink and Ambient Display are counter to each other. If AD is on, then blink is disabled. Test it and let us know:

Settings -> Display -> Advanced -> Ambient display.
    10-22-2017 06:33 PM
    I haven't tested it but some say that blink and Ambient Display are counter to each other. If AD is on, then blink is disabled. Test it and let us know:

Settings -> Display -> Advanced -> Ambient display.
    I have both on and I get an occasional blue blink light. What it is notifying me of I do not know... It is on the top right corner of the front.
    10-22-2017 06:56 PM
    I knew it was something simple, thank you. Now, what are notification dots? Nevermind, I'll Google it
    It shows up in a corner when something new occurs in an app like email, similar to a number notification, but there is no number.
    10-22-2017 07:01 PM
    Hope this helps others... No notification light when I had "always on' set to off, but "wake screen when you receive new notifications" set to 'on' (lift and double tap was on)

Turned "wake screen when you receive new notifications" off and now I get notification light. Lift to wake and double tap still work.

I don't know about 'alway on' as I had, and still have it off.

Short version:

Would you rather have a notification light waiting for you, or
    would you rather have the phone turn on the screen and display the message - for about 3 seconds
    N4Newbie and modifier like this.
    10-22-2017 07:06 PM
    Hope this helps others... No notification light when I had "always on' set to off, but "wake screen when you receive new notifications" set to 'on' (lift and double tap was on)

Turned "wake screen when you receive new notifications" off and now I get notification light. Lift to wake and double tap still work.

Short version:

would you rather have the phone turn on the screen and display the message - for about 3 seconds
    I think you've discovered the answer! I turned off wake to new notifications, sent myself a text with my work phone, and holy cow, I got a blinking light!
    sergiootorre likes this.
    10-22-2017 08:52 PM
    I think you've discovered the answer! I turned off wake to new notifications, sent myself a text with my work phone, and holy cow, I got a blinking light!
    I've tried this and... it worked!
    Thank you so much!!!
    Mike Dee likes this.
    11-24-2017 04:16 PM

Short version:

I don't see that setting
    11-24-2017 05:29 PM