P2XL screens already fixed?

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
could always compare hardware revisions once more phones land in hands.

Looks like someone already had the idea and started a thread for revision numbers

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Hmm...I hope you're right. Mine is supposed to ship tomorrow... maybe it'll be a revision model (or they'll pause shipments?)

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks OP. One can only hope. It's hard to put faith in 1 customer service members chat, but at least it's a bit of hope ...

sselemanrm

Oct 16, 2017
Visit site
I hate it when someone says, "trust me." We don't know how much google supports knows. Just that he's trying to deescalate the situation. For all we know the first batch could include all the way up to december. If its the type of screen they're using, I don't know how they could really rectify the situation tbqh

polbit

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry, but hanging your hope on a level 1 rep response is about as strong as asking your mom. Nothing to see here.

xaeryan

Feb 7, 2017
Visit site
Mine is supposed to ship the 22nd. Listed in stock. So either they don't ship/update their systems on the weekend, or mine's late. Came here to see if anyone else's didn't ship timely.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I have a feeling they may be referring to the burn in issue. If I recall correctly, some Samsung panels experienced this fairly early in their release into the wild a few years ago. Maybe it was on the Galaxy Nexus?

TornadoRed

May 15, 2013
Visit site
these phones are manufactured well in advance. no way issue is resolved. per the verge, Google is actively looking into it.

Per the Verge they are actively looking into the burn-in, as well as the color which we already knew. But the blue tint, brightness, flashing, etc. is being addressed as well, per the conversations with a couple Google reps.
Take it for what it's worth, but I'm hoping the blue tint is fixed with later batches. It's a deal-breaker on a $850 phone for me.