10-25-2017 05:48 PM
65 123
tools
    Found some interesting info on Reddit. A couple people said they talked to Google support and were told that the blue tint, graining, etc. have already been addressed and only affected the first batch of phones. I'm not sure how much of that to believe, but it sure would be good news.
    Example:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel...d_poll/doqlyn1
    10-22-2017 06:51 PM
    Nice thought let's hope it's true
    10-22-2017 07:09 PM
    could always compare hardware revisions once more phones land in hands.

Looks like someone already had the idea and started a thread for revision numbers
    10-22-2017 07:16 PM
    Hmm...I hope you're right. Mine is supposed to ship tomorrow... maybe it'll be a revision model (or they'll pause shipments?)
    10-22-2017 07:33 PM
    Thanks OP. One can only hope. It's hard to put faith in 1 customer service members chat, but at least it's a bit of hope ...
    10-22-2017 07:37 PM
    I hate it when someone says, "trust me." We don't know how much google supports knows. Just that he's trying to deescalate the situation. For all we know the first batch could include all the way up to december. If its the type of screen they're using, I don't know how they could really rectify the situation tbqh
    10-22-2017 07:42 PM
    Thanks OP. One can only hope. It's hard to put faith in 1 customer service members chat, but at least it's a bit of hope ...
    Agreed. Could be just a rep spreading rumors. But I'm looking for any bit of hope... I want this phone! LOL
    ihbsbA likes this.
    10-22-2017 07:43 PM
    Agreed. Could be just a rep spreading rumors. But I'm looking for any bit of hope... I want this phone! LOL
    The rep gave a pretty detailed response
    10-22-2017 07:58 PM
    The rep gave a pretty detailed response
    Exactly.
    Here's hoping!
    10-22-2017 08:59 PM
    I'm sorry, but hanging your hope on a level 1 rep response is about as strong as asking your mom. Nothing to see here.
    rbernard80 likes this.
    10-22-2017 09:12 PM
    Mine ships the 24th...fingers crossed
    10-22-2017 09:21 PM
    I'm sorry, but hanging your hope on a level 1 rep response is about as strong as asking your mom. Nothing to see here.
    My mom said they're fixed.
    10-22-2017 10:06 PM
    Mine is supposed to ship the 22nd. Listed in stock. So either they don't ship/update their systems on the weekend, or mine's late. Came here to see if anyone else's didn't ship timely.
    10-22-2017 10:08 PM
    Mine is supposed to ship the 22nd. Listed in stock. So either they don't ship/update their systems on the weekend, or mine's late. Came here to see if anyone else's didn't ship timely.
    There's a shipping/ pre-order thread for that.
    10-22-2017 10:27 PM
    Literally impossible unless they're opening every box and binning.
    10-23-2017 12:27 AM
    There's a shipping/ pre-order thread for that.
    Thanks, didn't see it since it's stickied.
    10-23-2017 01:17 AM
    I have a feeling they may be referring to the burn in issue. If I recall correctly, some Samsung panels experienced this fairly early in their release into the wild a few years ago. Maybe it was on the Galaxy Nexus?
    10-23-2017 09:24 AM
    I'm doing that cough where you say a certain word under your breath. lol
    dejanh likes this.
    10-23-2017 12:37 PM
    these phones are manufactured well in advance. no way issue is resolved. per the verge, Google is actively looking into it.
    Pinhead117 likes this.
    10-23-2017 01:26 PM
    these phones are manufactured well in advance. no way issue is resolved. per the verge, Google is actively looking into it.
    Per the Verge they are actively looking into the burn-in, as well as the color which we already knew. But the blue tint, brightness, flashing, etc. is being addressed as well, per the conversations with a couple Google reps.
    Take it for what it's worth, but I'm hoping the blue tint is fixed with later batches. It's a deal-breaker on a $850 phone for me.
    10-23-2017 02:28 PM
    Per the Verge they are actively looking into the burn-in, as well as the color which we already knew. But the blue tint, brightness, flashing, etc. is being addressed as well, per the conversations with a couple Google reps.
    Take it for what it's worth, but I'm hoping the blue tint is fixed with later batches. It's a deal-breaker on a $850 phone for me.
    I hope I can get in on it as I already have one.
    10-23-2017 02:42 PM
    The way I figure it is I don't mind the blue tint off-angle because... well, I don't go to the effort to look at my phone at a weird angle. Screen burn-in, though, that's a concern.

Good news is, for those of us who have already (or do in the near future) received ones that exhibit these, if they make a change for future production to correct for it, it's a tacit admission of a flaw with the early units, and clear grounds for a warranty exchange.
    klau25, Wiley_11 and Jonneh like this.
    10-23-2017 02:44 PM
    The way I figure it is I don't mind the blue tint off-angle because... well, I don't go to the effort to look at my phone at a weird angle. Screen burn-in, though, that's a concern.

Good news is, for those of us who have already (or do in the near future) received ones that exhibit these, if they make a change for future production to correct for it, it's a tacit admission of a flaw with the early units, and clear grounds for a warranty exchange.
    Haha, apparently a lot of people like to look at their phones with all kinds of weird angles. Been using my 2 XL since last Thursday. Yes it does have a blue tint, but I haven't really noticed it. Why? Because I look at my phone straight on.
    ZDriver, Wiley_11, ihbsbA and 1 others like this.
    10-23-2017 02:51 PM
    I canceled my Panda this morning and went with a Pixel2 (and a ship date of a month sooner!). I'll keep an eye out here until my Pixel2 ships later this week. Much more worried about the Burn-In/Refresh issue. That one was the deal breaker for me.
    Jonneh likes this.
    10-23-2017 02:54 PM

Right. For me, I'm a yearly phone changer. I love trying the latest and greatest devices. The catch? I need to resell my old device. So, for me, these issues are still very important as resale value is affected by them. That being said, I am in love with the software on this device and Google will likely give a fair trade in value on the Pixel 2 XL when I look to upgrade again.
    Pixelfan56 likes this.
    10-23-2017 02:57 PM
65 123