add calendar to home screen

May 3, 2015
Visit site
When I set up my pixel 2 I kinda brushed past the setup and I accidentally disabled the important calendar....I can't find the setting for adding it back...and now I don't get events on the homescreen.

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Calender has the setting your looking for in the app drawer..

Or are we talking the widget?..It's not in your Widget list?...Hold empty screen/choose widgets.

If it not there check the play store. Make sure installed or maybe reinstall and see if the widget show up.

Nova doesn't seem to be allowing me to see my events, so I glance at my widget.

May 3, 2015
Visit site
This. If you long hold you get preferences. You can enable calendar events but I've never gotten one. I briefly remember getting a setting prompt the first time I started asking which calendar to use...I picked the wrong one.

Attachments

• 3560.jpg
    3560.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 58

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
This. If you long hold you get preferences. You can enable calendar events but I've never gotten one. I briefly remember getting a setting prompt the first time I started asking which calendar to use...I picked the wrong one.

So, are you saying that you do not have the above at the top of your home screen? (Home screen being defined as the one you come to if you double-tap the home button at bottom center)

If not, then I question whether you are actually using the default Google Pixel launcher as - as nearly as I can determine - it is impossible to turn off either the "At a Glance" bar (top of screen) or the Search bar (bottom of screen) in the default launcher.

Go to Settings -> Apps & Notifications -> Advanced -> Default Apps. Your "Home app" should be Pixel Launcher.

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Yes. Like I said when I started it prompted which calendar to use and I picked the wrong one. No idea where that setting is.

Attachments

• 3562.jpg
    3562.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 31

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't have the 2 XL yet, but if it were me, I would try clearing my defaults and cache for the Google app and maybe Calendar (unless there is another app associated with this) and see if that gets you some prompts on the widget again.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Okay - question: if you tap the Day/Date strip (tap, not long press), does it open a calendar?

If yes, once the calendar is opened, tap the hamburger menu at top left and scroll down; you should see one or more lists of items to enable/disable. For example, on my device, I see my own Google account with Events, Reminders, and Family each of which can be checked/unchecked. Below that, I also have my work email (synced via the "Nine" Exchange email app) and my three available work calendars.

In so far as I know, these are your choices for what displays when you tap the day/date strip - basically, it opens the Google calendar app and display whatever you have set up in there to be displayed.

jam4775

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm not seeing any events on mine either... But I'm also using Exchange with Nine for most of my calendar items. So I'm thinking this feature only uses the Google calendar and not the aggregated phone calendar.

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Okay - question: if you tap the Day/Date strip (tap, not long press), does it open a calendar?

If yes, once the calendar is opened, tap the hamburger menu at top left and scroll down; you should see one or more lists of items to enable/disable. For example, on my device, I see my own Google account with Events, Reminders, and Family each of which can be checked/unchecked. Below that, I also have my work email (synced via the "Nine" Exchange email app) and my three available work calendars.

In so far as I know, these are your choices for what displays when you tap the day/date strip - basically, it opens the Google calendar app and display whatever you have set up in there to be displayed.

Everything is checked and shows on my calendar.

jam4775

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm using Google calendar. My business email is also run thru Google.
Do you also have a personal Google account? If you do try creating an event in your personal account and see if it shows up.

This could be and issue like on the Google Home where they can't do anything with corporate Gmail yet.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Okay, then what are you expecting to see?

I just set up a test appointment on my work Exchange account with a 5 minute reminder. When the time came (my phone was off with only the "Always On" display showing, it beeped and a small square calendar-like icon displayed just below the clock.

Double-tapped the phone screen and saw the larger white notification bar listing my test appointment; unlocked the phone and saw same in the notification bar. There is nothing in or around the day/time strip.

If you are not getting any of the above, try going to Settings -> Apps & Notifications -> Notifications -> App notifications and check the settings for Calendar.

If you are expecting something different, please elaborate.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2