add calendar to home screen

jam4775

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Okay, then what are you expecting to see?

I just set up a test appointment on my work Exchange account with a 5 minute reminder. When the time came (my phone was off with only the "Always On" display showing, it beeped and a small square calendar-like icon displayed just below the clock.

Double-tapped the phone screen and saw the larger white notification bar listing my test appointment; unlocked the phone and saw same in the notification bar. There is nothing in or around the day/time strip.

If you are not getting any of the above, try going to Settings -> Apps & Notifications -> Notifications -> App notifications and check the settings for Calendar.

If you are expecting something different, please elaborate.
The Pixel 2 clock and weather widget will also show calendar notifications.

jam4775

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
The Digital Clock widget, yes (and, I presume, the Analog Clock widget as well) but that doesn't seem to be what the original poster is asking about...
If you look back on his second post in this thread he added a screen shot of this exact widget I'm talking about. So I would presume he's talking about getting reminders to show up in this widget like Google demonstrated in their Pixel 2 launch event.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
If you look back on his second post in this thread he added a screen shot of this exact widget I'm talking about. So I would presume he's talking about getting reminders to show up in this widget like Google demonstrated in their Pixel 2 launch event.

Well, other than at the launch, I haven't seen them there either. Maybe with 8.1?

jam4775

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Well, other than at the launch, I haven't seen them there either. Maybe with 8.1?
I wasn't seeing them either until I added an event to my Google calendar and even then it didn't show up till the time got close to the the reminder.

It's a shame it only seems to work with the Google Calendar right now... any other calendars I have added to my phone under accounts doesn't seem to show up. Like my Exchange account in Nine, notifications don't show up there even though I can see them in the main calendar app on the Pixel. And it sounds like what he's saying it doesn't work with corporate Gmail either.

May 3, 2015
Visit site
I wasn't seeing them either until I added an event to my Google calendar and even then it didn't show up till the time got close to the the reminder.

It's a shame it only seems to work with the Google Calendar right now... any other calendars I have added to my phone under accounts doesn't seem to show up. Like my Exchange account in Nine, notifications don't show up there even though I can see them in the main calendar app on the Pixel. And it sounds like what he's saying it doesn't work with corporate Gmail either.

That might actually be the issue I noticed there was a reminder for like 15 minutes before I calendar event today that did show up and then it disappeared immediately after the event. I was expecting it to be more like every other calendar application where it leaves your events on the screen all day until the event happens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2